Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I bought a new G21 about 4 months ago, have only put around 500 rounds through it because of work. I have been reading some articles about the glock 21 and KB ( kabom ) problems. This is the first I have heard of this, I have owned a G22 and a G23 in the past and never had a problem. I always thought of glocks as being the ideal gun. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them? I let my wife shoot my guns alot and dont want something to happen. Thanks all!

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
My son has a Glock and has'nt had any problems with his. Can you provide anymore information ?
He also is an LEO and his issue pistol is a Glock, I don't know one form the other though one of them is a 21 I think.
As his Father I would like more information if you can provide it.
Thanks A.H

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hi, I did a google search, just type in..... Glock 21 kb

It has some information on the subject.

I have never had a problem with any glock model, I dont know if it is due to poor cleaning of the gun or people just being careless.

·
Registered
980 Posts
never heard of that problem i have two G23 never had a proplem with them.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Many, if not all of the GLOCK kB!'s have been attributed to either handloaded (and possibly/probably double-charged) ammo and/or ignoring the manual and using non-jacketed bullets in the polygonal rifled barrels. The latter results in buildup of lead in the barrel and increasingly higher pressures until... kB!

If one must use non-jacketed bullets, then purchase a "land-and-groove" replacement barrel. Lone Wolf Distributors has some nice and low-cost barrels; even some with threads for muzzle attachments.

If you're worried about a GLOCK kB!'ing on you, don't be... unless you believe you don't have any common sense and/or want to use unsafe ammunition. As for the reliability of the GLOCK 21, check this out: Glock 21 Torture Test - Theprepared.com

In addition, I've never had a problem with my G27.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I believe I have common sense, I was just asking a question. I have owned two other, just did not know if they had any problems with the 45acp. I love Glocks, and was just wondering.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
No, I believe I have common sense, I was just asking a question. I have owned two other, just did not know if they had any problems with the 45acp. I love Glocks, and was just wondering.
No worries, I wasn't trying to imply you didn't have common sense, just that it requires not having any to have a kB! occur... e.g. implying you are safe. :wink1:

I love my GLOCK too and trust my life daily to it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks buddy, I thought I was getting slammed. I appreciate your knowledge. Now I have a new problem...... while doing research on this topic on google I came accross the new Glock 21 sf that is one heelluva sweet gun! Now I wan one. How do I justify that with the misses? LOL

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I dunno... with the differences being:

1) Ambidextrous mag release (thus making it non-backwards compatible with old mags, though the new mags fit in the old guns).

2) Smaller grip (not that I have any issue with the one now).

3) MIL-SPEC picatinny rail instead of the non-standard rail from before.

I can't see justifying it... nor do I think it's better, since you can't use the old mags.

·
Wonderment :)
33,547 Posts
Glock

eddiedeverell: Sir; check "SuckLead's" thread.
'On the outs with my Glock' or something like that.
Shooting G17-22 I haven't had any problem.
Check some of your empty's for swollen cases or just as inspecting for reference. Keep valid records for reference:)
Pass along your findings; and experiences:)

·
Registered
533 Posts
My CCW is a model 29 Glock and I have complete confidence in it. Carried a 30 for 3.5 years with no problems at all. Still have my first Glock, a model 17, and it shoots just as good today as the day I bought it.

Doc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts