Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, So I feel like a complete duffus. Glocks are a breeze to field strip compared to my 1911A1 so this is one thing that I am embarrassed about.

I disassembled my glock 19 for a thorough cleaning. Yep, been a while since I shot it so had to look at the manual to remember. I just remembered that it was easy. Amazingly clean for having a hundred rounds shot through it. I clean the thing and start the reassembly. Manual says just reassemble reverse of how I took it apart. The problem is I must have missed something with the return spring because it pops out every time I let go of it. I tried reversing the spring to see if that was it but "SPOING!" Tried everything I know how to do so I turn to you all.

OK guys, I know I am setting myself up for a ribbing to end all ribbings but can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?:banghead:

Any tricks?

I even watched that video of it on YouTube. That little fink makes it look easy. I am missing something here. Never was much on book learnin' though.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
quite frankly, you just put the barrel in the slide, put spring/guiderod in the slide with the barrel, in its recess on the barrels lower lug, then slide the whole works onto the frame.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That is what I thought. But....Will go down and try it again. Maybe I just need to hold my mouth right.

OK, now I have really done it. I got the thing back together and now the slide is jammed.

BOY, do I feel silly. I had the plunger going the wrong way.

I think I need to stick to rifles and shotguns. I know how to take those things apart.

:hitwithrock::stooges:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts