Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a reliable handgun but hate the pull on the glocks because off the safe action is there a way to change or adjust that?
Thanks,

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Yes, you can get a 3.5 pound trigger bar and do a Fire Control Group polishing. This will drop the pull force down very noticeably. This polishing is known as The $0.25 Glock trigger job.

The trigger bar can be found most places that sell GLOCK parts, but this is a link to an example: Topglock.com: Triggers: Glock trigger options. That's not necessarily the cheapest, just an example of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
While I admit the glock is a spiffy accurate and mostly reliable pistol my personal preferance from experience is any of John Brownings designs either the Hi-Power or a M1911 or one of it's many variants/clones ... You cannot deny 80+ years of service and reliability

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
J.A.C thanks for posting that info. I didn't know those parts existed.
I would like to see Glock incorporate another safty on there pistols other than the device thats between the split trigger.
For the life of me I can't see a Glock being safe with the safty in the trigger. When my son takes his service Glock out of the holster or his person concealed carry Glock from its holster. I leave the room or house...A.H

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Glocks have 4 safeties - three inside the gun that are transparent. The fourth and best one is between your ears. Don't pull the dang trigger and it won't fire!

I have seen a couple Glocks with true manual safeties installed. You would have to have a gunsmith do this as it looked pretty involved. The safety was mounted in the same place as a 1911 safety.

Glocks are fine pistols. I like 1911's as well, but you can choose to like both.

·
Wonderment :)
34,729 Posts
Glock Trigger

Colt: Sir; Did/have you done anything about your
handgun query?
Glockmiester has what you need to resolve the trigger issues.
Glock has long maintained the 4 position safety.

My opinion: When I carry SW638, GP100, Super Blackhawk, Blackhawk, SW model 10

There are many arguments that lament the Glocks non, or misunderstood safety;

These Revolvers will punch the same quality hole as any Glock.
Safety; what safety?

I have a Glock; it is not for sale;
if it had external physical safety's, I'd get an XD

Craig

By the standards of most

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i like the XD's safety system better than a glock's, the only time there is really a major risk of pulling the trigger on accident is when you are concealing it, so not pressing the one on the grip would ensure that the gun wont fire, and it is still not a pain in the butt

and XDs are cheaper too

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I am looking for a reliable handgun but hate the pull on the glocks because off the safe action is there a way to change or adjust that?
Thanks,
Check out the new Smith&Wesson M&P. Feels a lot better than a Glock, and has additional safety features. It comes in 9MM, .40S&W and .357Sig. You can get the .45ACP if you go to the non-Law Enforcement section.

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P .40

A little interactive video:

Smith and Wesson M&P

·
Wonderment :)
34,729 Posts
Xd

cubbieman: Sir; you recognize the same thing as I.

XD 45 have a very sweet trigger out of the box, well balanced with a good sight picture.

I can only speak to XD 45; [friend has]
If I were in the market for a .45 [I'm a glockster] I'd be hard pressed not to take an XD home.

My preferences: Already described, I do not want any external safety's.
I can, and would disable the XD's handle thing.:)

Craig

By the standards of most

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love to shoot my Glock 17 but I am also very aware of an occupational disease that LEO's refer to as "Glock leg" caused by failure of said safe trigger, especially when a Glock is stowed in someone's waistband w/o a proper holster.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I am looking at a glock 17 now, I think when i first carry it on person, there will NOT be one in the hole. When it is in the vehicle yes, but until I become comfortable with the glock safety I'm not willing to risk a leg, or another part of me :bigeyes:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I am looking at a glock 17 now, I think when i first carry it on person, there will NOT be one in the hole. When it is in the vehicle yes, but until I become comfortable with the glock safety I'm not willing to risk a leg, or another part of me :bigeyes:
Perfectly fine. I still don't roll with one in the hole, even though I'm pretty certain of the safety (mainly the one between my ears).

Like I tell people that chastise me for carrying in condition 3... "I'd rather spend an extra second racking the slide than dead for an eternity because I left it at home."

1 - 20 of 44 Posts