Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to get a Glock 22 and trick it out for performance. Just wanting some opinions on what's the good stuff and what is not. I have been looking at KKM barrels, GlockMeizer parts, Lonewolf, Aro-Tek and Lighting stike parts. Is there anything I should stay away from with these companies? Are the titanium plunger and striker from Lighting Strike any good shooting 185g ammo?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have shot at least 30,000 rounds through my glocks and I have never added anything to them except Night sights and a rubber slip on grip on a gen 2 Glock. I have shot a few with Bar sto barrels and didn't notice a difference in accuracy. I didn't know they mad 185 gr ammo. As for 180 grain ammo the black hills has always seemed the most accurate to me! Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea...sorry 180g.

I want to get a longer comp barrel with button rifeling for better velosity and less recoil. I want to use non-jacketed ammo for target shooting. Is the KKM any good for a comp barrel? I also wanted to try the GlockMeister Mag well extention, slide stop lever and extended mag ends. Anyone know if they are good? Anyone recommend a good tungsten recoil rod? It's heavier and reduces recoil. It's hard to find feedback and info on these upgrades. Thanks.

I heard rummors that the new Glocks have had troubles and they are not as reliable as the old ones. Should I watch out for a certain model/year? I'm about to order mine, do all the new ones have this trigger upgrade?

Can anyone direct me to a forum where there are diehard Glock people that like to trick them out? Thanks

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have the KKM barrel on a Glock 20. It seems to work fine, but I didn't notice much difference in accuracy over the factory barrel. I have done away with the plastic guide rods and replaced with steel "i think" and 19lb springs. I think it helps when shooting hotter loads. My buddy installed the extended slide release - I liked it.

I have several of the newer Glocks and have not noticed and difference in quality over the older ones. 100% reliable is 100% reliable no differences.

Try GlockTalk.com for more info.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I am no authority on this, but if anything the newer Glocks would be better, not so much for operation, but for safety. That is, problems which blew up a few 40 and 45 caliber Glocks back in the day have been fixed. It was an ammo-pistol combination that had that result, neither of which is still made, but which may be out there still. If I ever bought a Glock in 40 S&W or 45 ACP it would be the newer models. Models in 9mm and 10mm have not had such problems and I'd be equally confident with any generation model in those rounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks...

guys, I'll try that website.

I would like to try at 10mm or the 45GAP, but I'm the new firearms instructor for my agency and all we carry are the .40cal. If I'm I'm going to use the department's ammo, I'll have to get a .40.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
If your department buys all newly manufactured ammo then any model of Glock 22 should be fine. I would stay away from reloads, even professional reloads, in case you run into some thinner brass. Pay close attention to the spent cases. If you see any bulging on them, look into a replacement barrel (one that fixes this problem) or another 40 caliber pistol (not necessarily Glock.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts