GM donating bailout to dems

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by samuel, Sep 23, 2010.

1. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I got all excited when I heard GM was going to donate tax payers money to democrats that voted for the bailout for them.Then I read what GM said and they claim it will only be $90K so,that isn't as bad as I thought.

2. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Kinda like, when they CLAIMED.
    They had repaid the bail out loans! :bs2:

3. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Make me WANT to go out amd buy a Chevy

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    I agree with grizcty on the payback deal. This reeks corruption once again . The taxpayer should have been repaid fully, and knowone else. It is my understanding they still owe the Gov't. Therefore why are they financing politics, Period! Please correct me here if they have repaid the bailout in full, i had not heard that. This absolutely reeks.

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Now you see why I buy used cars and pay for them in cash. The Empress may not have as many electronic gadgets as the current generation of cars, but I can live without most of the gadgets cars come with these days.

And you have to ask: what full sized cars are being made in Detroit that get 32 MPG city and 38 MPG highway the way my Mercedes 350SDL does? Answer: none of them. The only cars that get that kind of mileage are Japanese crackerboxes made out of tinfoil and those ridiculous 2 seater "smart cars" that I refer to as chars.

To me, they look like a La-Z-Boy on four wheels with a windshield! They ought to be required to fly an orange pennant on a six foot tall orange shaft, like the Big Wheels kids ride, just so people in real cars can see them!

Sorry for the rant and the hijack. But it irks me that Ford and Mercedes have efficient diesel engines that are quiet and non-polluting (as engines go), but the EPA won't allow them to be imported. These diesels are a solution to the auto fuel economy problem. Diesel engines are more efficient than gasoline engines of the same size, more economical to run, and can burn biodiesel too; yet some Washington bureaucrat won't allow them to be imported or licensed for production in this country - or even brought in for testing, not that they need it; they've been in service in Europe for more than ten years. It just frosts my cookies when there is a solution out there and government dimwits won't even look at it because it wasn't invented here and won't benefit their good buddies in industry.

6. Rotten scoundrels, They used our own money to do that. Wonder how much BP will give them. 20 billion?

7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Uh, let's see.

The gubmint buys GM with OUR money.

Then the gubmint allows the company they own to contribute money to the funding of political candidates of the same party that is currently running the gubmint.

Can you say corruption and conflict of interest? How about THEFT?

I knew you could.

8. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

It's only 90K, pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

But do we really believe that is the only amount given to politicians from bailout money? The amounts of money are so vast, we could never keep track of it all.

9. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

As usual,the rich just got richer.:deal:

10. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

Buy a GM product after "they" are giving my money back to the Democrats who gave it to them in the first place as a gift ? Give me a minute.............. That`s a joke ,right.

11. Welcome to Corporate fascism. The American dream has become the American nightmare.

12. TGF

TGF G&G Newbie

Buy a Subaru, 80%+ Japan. So are some Toyota's and Honda's but you have to look closely at the label to make sure they aren't made in Mexico.

13. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

Thats true. If you want to supprt an American worker but a Subaru Toyota or Honda. There are almost no American cars actually made in America anymore. Plus the Subaru Toyota and Honda are of a much higher quality than anything Ford Chevy or Dodge sells.

Cyrano Volkswagen's new turbo diesel is avalible here. It makes twice the power of a hybrid while getting better gas milage. The only problem is the quality of most of Volkswagen products has been very poor for the last ten years. I do not know if there new generation of Turbo diesel's will be any better.

Michael

14. TGF

TGF G&G Newbie

I had noticed that, VW Quality has really taken it in the shorts lately. Consumer Reports and several testing rags like car and driver have been saying quality has dropped. Its too bad, I remember when I was young VW meant you could beat it and it ran better.

15. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

Yeah what is funny is the old tin boxes they use to make in the 80's while not very luxurious usally ran pretty good. I had first hand experience at my shop with these Jetta's and Golf's that many people bought. They fell apart very fast and replacement parts were outragiously expensive. My friend bought a new Turbo Jetta in 2005 in three years he put roughly about 22k on it. In that time the fan control module burned out locking the fan on high all the time the drivers window fell in the door the drivers door molding fell of the ac control button broke and the car filled up with water in the right front ever time it rained. The dealer never could find or fix the water leak. Thank God he leased the car and just turned it back in after the three years were up!

Michael

16. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

Umm, I hate to throw a curve into the works, but most big corporations donate to most major campaigns. They cover all their bases by being equal opportunity bribe payers. Keep watching and you will see a similar contribution to Republicans.

17. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    You got that right. I loaned a friend of mine $1000 to make a down payment on a 1979 VW Rabbit diesel. (He paid me back within a year, one of the few times I loaned someone money and eventually got it back.) That thing ran and ran and ran. He did some field expedient repairs on it that worked out better than what a shop would have done. The one I remember the best is when one of the brackets holding the alternator in its correct position snapped, he wedged it back into position with a chunk of maple tree branch about six inches long and 2 inches thick. He never did get around to replacing the broken bracket; the hunk of maple worked just fine!