Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tomorrow Im planning to take alittle trip into the mountains for two reasons. One is to scout out a good camping spot for the future with the wife and friends and dogs and everything. the second objective is to find a place to shoot. From what i can tell it is ok to shoot in this area. I just hope to find some remnants of others shooting there and hopefully there are no people around.

here are some links to where I'll be going. I do have a 4x4 and will be probably over prepared for any extraneous circumstances.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/arp/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5163234

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/arp/recarea/?recid=28490

it's called fall river reservoir, its about an hour away from my home in Denver Co. I really want to find somewhere i can shoot freely within an hour or so drive so this is my first attempt, if this doesn't pan out there are 3-4 other potential spots within 30 mins of this area.

Im looking forward to the time outdoors and the adventure, i dont really care what happens as long as i go somewhere ive never been before and learn more about my surroundings.

the last few months i havent really been able to get out and do what i have wanted to due to life getting in the way. I'm determined to change that tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
you got about 7 jillion square miles of grassland out to the east side of Denver.

good luck.
NF lands are open to hunting and shooting finding a good spot where some crybaby isn't already camping might be the tough part.

I generally just go directly across the dirt road from the rangers station if I'm gonna go up and shoot [one of my grouse spots is right there too and everyone overlooks it] but it's about 8 miles further away than the range here in town.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
NF lands are open to hunting and shooting finding a good spot where some crybaby isn't already camping might be the tough part.
Reminds me of the day the wife and I were shooting in the NF in Northern commiefornia. One of the Sheriff's Deputies came driving up the rough "road" in his patrol car, while we were blasting away. We stopped shooting, unloaded the guns, took out our ear plugs, and greeted him. I asked him if he wanted to join us. He laughed and declined. I asked him what was the occasion for his visit. He told us that some crybaby had called in a complaint about the shooting noise. It was the middle of the day, and we were MILES from any homes.

P.S. - I forgot to mention that he said we were fine. He just "had to investigate, because it was called in." He wished us a nice day and left us alone.:usa2:

Reactions: neophyte and SUBMOA

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
The crybaby was probably some whining, liberal hiker!
It was one of the residents in the "upper crusty" development across the valley from where we were shooting.

Reactions: neophyte
1 - 5 of 5 Posts