Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went fishing and the only thing I brought back was a jar of Golden Eagle Syrup. I remembered having a recipe that called for it, so I bought it. Now, I don't remember what they recipe was. I can't get it around here.

So, what do you guys use this stuff for?

·
Premium Member
30,562 Posts
Our Famous Pecan Pie3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Golden Eagle Syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 deep dish 9-inch unbaked pie shell
Slightly beat eggs, mix in sugar, Golden Eagle Syrup, salt, vanilla and butter. Sprinkle pecans in unbaked pie shell and add filling. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
Note: Pie will thicken as it cools.

For Chocolate Pecan Pie: Increase sugar to one cup. Combine 1/4 cup of cocoa with butter and follow recipe above.

·
Premium Member
30,562 Posts
popcornballs

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Never heard of it. Now why would anyone take endangered Golden Eagles and make syrup out of them?

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Because it taste so good with powdermilk biscuits. Which can be found on aisle 3 at Ralph's Pretty good Grocery between the Mournful Oatmeal and the Be-Bop-A-Re-Bop Rhubarb Pie. "if you cant find it at Ralph's, You can probably get along without it". While your in town don't forget to sign up at Jack's Auto Repair for Jack's Warm Car Service "for those day's when... Al Gore is wrong."

Golden Eagle Syrup

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
For those who don't know (and I didn't, until I looked it up), "Golden Eagle Syrup is a sugar addict’s consummate dream. It is a blend of corn syrup, cane sugar syrup, cane molasses, and honey. Just reading the label caused my teeth to ache. Golden Eagle Syrup seems to exist for two purposes: Pecan Pie and Baked Beans (Southern style, not Boston). Those two recipes adorn the label on the jar and are featured at their web site – where you can not only order the syrup (their only product) but also boxer shorts with the Golden Eagle Syrup logo! (Golden Eagle Syrup) Yes, they also have a t-shirt and a hat, but the boxer shorts are going to be a “must have” item for me. Sticky fingers!"

That's a quote from Ron Williams at swampland.com...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because it taste so good with powdermilk biscuits. Which can be found on aisle 3 at Ralph's Pretty good Grocery between the Mournful Oatmeal and the Be-Bop-A-Re-Bop Rhubarb Pie. "if you cant find it at Ralph's, You can probably get along without it". While your in town don't forget to sign up at Jack's Auto Repair for Jack's Warm Car Service "for those day's when... Al Gore is wrong."

Golden Eagle Syrup

Jim: How did you know I was shopping in Georgia? Even had lunch at Colonel Pooles.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Ralph's Pretty Good Grocery is in Lake Wobegone Minnesota. While your there you might like to drop by the "Chaterbox Cafe" where you can enjoy a nice bowl of Raw Bits breakfast cereal. Umm yummy!

A Prairie Home Companion from American Public Media

By the way did you run into any of my cousins in Ellijay? Last name Kimmons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts