close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good enough to Fight For USA, But not to live there.

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Rex in OTZ, Mar 20, 2017 at 3:27 PM.

1. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

PAPA G and Rex in OTZ like this.

3. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I didn't open the video and the story isn't much print there.
    Keep in mind that there is a anti trump media blitz and frequently there is more to it then what is being told. I can think of several reasons why the deportation order may have been given. I don't know all the story so I am not passing judgment.

jwrauch, CountryBoy, neophyte and 5 others like this.
  4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The went to the site in Rex in OTZ post. But for what ever reason the video won't open.

5. Rambo

Rambo I just shot your dog in this fight Forum Contributor

You'll like the news today. trump just ordered extra immigration judges to 12 cities along our southern border to help expedite the expulsion of illegals currently held in detention centers, along with all others being rounded up on the raids that began a week ago. No quarter given to an illegal, regardless. Via con dios!

neophyte, rockman7 and PAPA G like this.
  6. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

My guess is serving for the US Military dont account for much consideration when it comes to ICE.

Though Perez has a felony conviction for drug delivery, he is not a violent offender and only turned to drugs, like many veterans, to deal with issues of post traumatic stress, his supporters said.

"My son fought for this country, not for Mexico," said his mother Esperanza Medina.

Perez's parents said it's unfair that their son, who legally came to the U.S. at age 8 and fought for his country, may not be able to call the U.S. home.

Perez, 38, was a legal permanent resident when he joined the Army and said he thought he became a legal U.S. citizen when he enlisted. However, that was not the case.

He served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and was injured in an explosion. He sustained a brain injury and suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder, About four years after leaving the military, Perez served prison time for a felony drug offense which sparked the deportation proceedings.

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement office spokesperson said Perez was targeted for removal only after being convicted of a felony for selling drugs, after he left the Army in 2010.

Ok what about any veteran that needs help? Wether they were born here or not, if they need help they should have a chance to get it.
    I guess the VA never took away any valueable lessons learned after Korea and Vietnam, and Desert Storm.
    Here we have a combat vet with 2 kids who suffered brain injury after two tours in Afghanistan, then they since he's broken why not deport him.
    He joined our military, served two tours, was injured, now he is being deported.

https://www.google.com/amp/wgntv.co...-two-tours-in-afghanistan-to-be-deported/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dn...veteran-deportation-obama-trump-drug-case.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7chic...rtation-after-2-tours-in-afghanistan/1739129/

neophyte, chesterwin and PAPA G like this.
  7. 63B20

63B20 G&G Enthusiast

Montana
    It started when I opened it

PAPA G likes this.
  8. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Enlisting in the US Military as a non citizen permanent resident ("Green Card holder") is a sure way that can get you an expedited path to citizenship but does not guarantee you citizenship. Perez was born in Mexico and came to the US as a child (and is expected to follow our laws as such just like anyone else).

I've noticed that Perez's family/lawyer is quick to point out that after his military service Perez "fell in with the wrong group of people" and that his problems with ICE started once he was convicted after he "was caught selling drugs."

I hate to bursts anyone's patriotism bubble here but lets go over a couple things.

What the part that his family and in several cases the liberal media is not reporting is that when he was caught selling drugs... it was not like he was caught selling a dime bag of weed or something...

He was flat out caught selling over TWO POUNDS OF COCAINE or a Kilo...

Which in bulk like that goes for about $22,000-$30,000 per kilo depending on where you are wholesale. And that when divided up and sold to the consumer translates to a further increase in a sell-able street value of $100-$120 dollars per gram (assuming you are selling powder coke and not cooking it into crack) There are 1,000 grams in a Kilogram.... So do the math...

Which is why I call BS on his family's claim of him just falling into the wrong crowd...

You don't go from "ooh I just got tied up with the wrong crowd!" newbie to handling that much product over night. That means you have definitely established yourself in the drug dealing world, been doing it (and every other crime that goes with it that you didn't get caught for) for a while at the lower levels and been promoting up so to speak in the drug gang organization.

If by "hanging out with the wrong group of people" you mean drug gangs... (and gang members are now commonly being recruited from the military because of their combat experience assuming they were not sent there to begin with to get said training which is also happening) and by "selling drugs" you mean... mid to high level coke dealer... than yea... sounds about right. Must be that liberal/lawyer mitigation speak.

Sounds like another Mexican drug dealing gang member we don't need here.

And sounds like another criminal who disgraced the uniform and military they joined and who said "F it" to the oath they took to defend the United State against enemies both foreign and domestic. And it's also a slap in the face to every other veteran, especially permanent green card holders trying to gain their own path to citizenship.

Despite him serving in the United State's military and even being injured... (which don't get me wrong is worth mentioning and honorable)... but despite his family obviously trying to play that sympathy card (and a good dose of liberal media - let's bash Trump's harsh immigration policies).... getting caught selling over two pounds of coke isn't like your typical "I'm a vet and I was having a rough time of things and I made a bad decision and I got a DUI, or I got into a bar fight or domestic assault because I have issues..." what he did was fully commit to a lifestyle of heavy involvement in the drug trade for a long period of time after he got out of the military and that is anything but honorable let alone a one time minor transgression.

As a silver lining to Perez if he does indeed get deported... he ain't the first person this has happened too.. there is actually a network and small community of other US military vets who have ended up in the same position he put himself in, in Mexico that he can possibly connect with and move to once he gets deported.

Maybe he should have asked for a pardon from President Obama... during the last term... I mean that guy was handing out pardons and commutations to terrorists and coke and meth dealers like candy on a New Year's Parade float.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 1:25 AM
    jwrauch, CountryBoy, TheWall and 16 others like this.
  9. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist

Even in the time of "The Greatest Generation", the US executed something like 150 GIs for various crimes such as looting, rape, etc. during the course of WW2. Service is no guarantee of good character. I knew plenty of people on active duty that were opportunistic criminals.

jwrauch, CountryBoy, ChaZam and 9 others like this.
  10. TACAV

There are a few bad apples that find their way into every profession.

jwrauch, neophyte and Rambo like this.
  11. Txwheels

Txwheels G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'll simply put it this way. If he was caught selling drugs, I don't care what his Military record was, he needs to either be in prison or shipped the he!! out of our country!

jwrauch, CountryBoy, neophyte and 5 others like this.
  12. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Pass out the ear plugs. Some folks don't want to hear the details.

CountryBoy, ChaZam, neophyte and 5 others like this.
  13. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    Leavenworth was built for a reason. Not all vets are saints.

jwrauch, neophyte, grizcty and 8 others like this.
  14. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

A Green card is far from a free pass. Well said post sir.

15. TACAV

I have very little experience with the US military code of justice...

but the little bit I do have from my own investigations is that I want no part of it lol...(if I was a bad guy)

Perez should consider himself lucky he got into his cocaine dealing trouble AFTER he was out of the military and not while he was still in it...

I investigated one former military member who was caught selling cocaine while still in the military. NCIS got involved and several arrests were made.... the case involved everything from cocaine distribution to prostitution....

In the end the major suspects got sent to prison (not leavenworth) and even the minor players who ended up rolling on the other suspects and cooperating got busted all the way back down to Private....

The US Military doesn't screw around with drug dealers like the civilian system does.

jwrauch, ChaZam, neophyte and 8 others like this.
  16. Kaybe

Kaybe G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Good riddance to him. Why are non citizens allowed to serve anyway? Isn't that almost being a mercenary? Why serve for a country you are not from? questions..questions..

17. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Wow, that's almost exactly what Bill Clinton did in the '90s. I bet the Democrats sure were mad at Bill for doing that back then, or are sure happy Trump is doing it now.

CountryBoy, ChaZam, neophyte and 3 others like this.
  18. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

We've always allowed non-citizens to serve. Half the continental Navy was French.

I always thought that foreigners who joined the service were fast-tracked to citizenship.

neophyte likes this.
  19. TACAV

Mercenaries only get paid via contracts. As PHD said, non US Citizens may serve the US military but they already must be legal permanent residents. And they must swear the oath of allegiance to the United States just like anyone else. If they complete their military service in good standing there is a memorandum of understanding so to speak between the military and the naturalization and immigration people to fast track the citizenship application process through for military veterans if they decide to continue on with the process.

jwrauch, Kaybe and neophyte like this.
  20. Ya, but that was very, very, different.
    That was a democrat doing it. :)