Good News From Mi

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by GARY D, Aug 7, 2002.

1. GARY D

GARY D Guest

We had a very tightly contested election yeterday for US Rep. between two Democrats, John Dingell with whom some of you may be familiar and Lynn Rivers :smash: with whom NOBODY wants to be familiar. Dingell who is very pro gun and a former NRA board member, and was the member of congress that labeled the BATF agents as " Jackbooted thugs", WON, thank god... and the voters in his district. Lynn Rivers was heavily supported by the Brady bunch and the MMM and was committed to a reign of terror against gun onwers. She would have crusaded against the sunset provision of the Brady Act and would have succeeded in stopping it but now it looks like the antis have really lost ground and Dingell, who is the longest serving rep. in congress will work to end Brady.

YEA! :cool:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

With a name like DINGELL hes got to be good! :right: :D

3. Eric

Eric Guest

I just love hearing great news like that. It really makes my day a whole lot nicer, Thanks Gary.

4. psycho dad

psycho dad Guest

when rep rivers ran, she commented she had the courage to stand up against the nra. when she said that i knew she committed political suicide. i am glad she will be gone. when i would write her about second amendment issues she always responded with the same b.s. saying she was not against gun ownership. but her actions are a different story. let freedom ring.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

That's one good battle won, but we're still fighting the war. Still plenty more elections to come. Make every shot count!

6. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Now the media is saying he barely held on, now his chances of defeating the Dem are not so good because he is old school and the media thinks he needs replaced - that's the story as told by the radio here in Kansass - never ceases to amaze me how the media warps the real tale just to get what they want - do a good deed today - beat a reporter!

7. GARY D

GARY D Guest

Because of redistricting Dingell and Rivers were pitted against each other in the Democratic primary. Dingell won by something like 65% to 35%. To me that's a 2/3 majority not just hanging on. The media in Kansas must have heard the early reports because they had Dingell winning only slightly in RIVERS OLD DISTRICT. Dingells old district hadn't even reported any returns when Rivers conceded. She was done and she knew it. It's not true that the people of Michigan want the old guy out. He's our gun loving Democratic rep. The Republican running against him... if there is one... doesn't have a chance.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2002
  8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Liberals always spin tall tales when something doesn't go their way. Dingell's probably a black sheep due to his pro-gun stance.