Good 'Ol Moose

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, May 9, 2008.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I should be runnin into Moose today. He's coming down to pick up some stuff. Hope to get him to look at a receiver I bought and see if she'll work. Only paid $15 bucks for it, so if'n not, no biggy!

2. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

he is a good one.
    i got some toys comin from him soon!

3. SwedeSteve

Hide your Womenfolk and corn squeezins! The Moose is Loose!

4. I'd say hide your ammo and guns but it sounds like he has more than most of us combined!

5. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

To heck with that!!!

If Moose makes it down here, I'll bust out my blackberry squeezin's and go womanizin' with him!
    :beerchug:

6. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Moose on the loose!

I found an M38 I plan on looking at next week! Guy said matching numbers strong bore, overall good condition. Don't know if it is counterbored or not but the price is reasonable at 125. I am hoping it is a lami! Love those M38s!

7. alaskamonte

alaskamonte Suspended

He's next door at the "beauty salon" geting his ears lowered!

8. SwedeSteve

Yep too funny! Came back lookin half as wild! He's got some new toys too! Was fun to see him again.

9. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Had some good times meeting folks from this site.

Oxford
    Shaun
    NRAJOE
    Ouch
    RedHead
    Khahn79

10. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

As long as you don't tell him how much you enjoy your Taurus!:09:

11. SwedeSteve

LOL! Don't tell AKMonte either! Tex- If I remember right IO, Inc has M38 Lammies for under $100!

12. Yes, was just eyeballing them the other night swede.

13. texnmidwest

Yep, they are but I have seen some of their M38s locally. I am not impressed with them at all. Might be different ordering one off. Not real sure.

But Moose hasn't done it yet! And he is looking for one!

14. SOG has Birch for $89.

15. SwedeSteve

Tex- You know I have been paranoid of buyng online. I like to be able to hold the rifle before I buy it. However, my last 2 purchases were from Gunbroker. I still haven't bought from any of the Big Boys.

16. texnmidwest

The main reason I am considering the local m38 is that my C&R has not been approved yet. So, if you take a 90 dollar rifle add the shipping that makes it 105 then add the transfer fee it adds up to the same amount as local.

Gun broker has some great rifles. For some reason I am more inclined to go with the big boys because of the fact that if I don't like it I know or am reasonable assured that they will take it back....less a restocking fee.

17. SwedeSteve

Yep, I was buying locally for the same reason. But since I've got the C&R, I still bought locally, and just now the 2 Gunbroke purchases. I like Gunbroke because I can ask all the questions I want, and there is a return policy a well.

18. texnmidwest

OK Getting weak now. Gonna hafta peruse Gunbroker more.

19. SwedeSteve

LOL! "You're getting weaker, you're getting weaker"...

20. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

hmmmmm....gunbroker is nice, and i know of a few of the wholesalers on there also, that are local....one is swap-shop-mississippi....if u find anything by them, tell me and i'll check it out for ya. cant remember exactly the names of the other places....but they're not in same town, swap-shop-mississippi is only one thats in this town.