close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

good pistol under 350.00

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Waffen, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Waffen

Waffen G&G Newbie

hey guys im looking for a good pistol for under 350.00
    preferrably 9mm 40 or 45. i was really stuck on getting the SIG mosquito but after reading nothing good about it i decided no, also i really dont want a ruger, any suggestions ?

2. Redbeernuts

Redbeernuts G&G Newbie

3. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

ruger p-85 or any p block semi-autos

4. deputy125

deputy125 G&G Newbie

new or used?????????

ruger p95 at Academy Sports.... new for $349.00

RUGER P95 9 MM HANDGUN

many good used sig P-6 (225) models on the market for around $270 on up depending on the condition.
    Some excellent deals can also be found on some s&w used models.

Best advice-----save a little bit longer and get exactly what you want if possible.....anything short of what you really want will usually result in a trade later on down the road. Adding an extra $75 dollars can open a lot of doors as well with used berettas and so forth. You can go to www.gunbroker.com and do an advanced search to find something in your price range new or used......

I don't know much about the taurus 24/7, but the taurus pt92 is a good one and a copy of an older beretta design.....

here is another good search site that will search
    gunsamerica
    auctionarms
    gunbroker
    ..........all at the same time and it also has options to sort and list high/low.....
    http://www.ebang.com/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Here's the scoop on pistol prices from a major supplier, Southern Ohio Gun Distributors. Others are in the same general ballpark.

The 9mm Bersa Thunder should come in within that $350 budget. Ditto the Thunder in .45 ACP. They were going for $290 at Southern Ohio Gun. A lot will depend on the markup at your gun store, though.

The Hi-Point C-9 in 9mm is $99 The Hi-Point in .40 S&W is $120. And in .45 ACP, the Hi-Point goes for $130. If you add a compensator, the price goes up $20 or so.

Southern Ohio Gun also has a Turkish military pistol in .45 ACP with two magazines (10-rounders) for $339. They also have a 9mm version for $300 with two magazines (15 rounders).

SOG also has a Hungarian clone (FEG) of the Browning Hi-Power in 9mm for $320 with 1 magazine. I know people who have them and they say they shoot just as well as the Browning original.

How well any of the above will fit in your budget will depend on the markup by your retailer. But the local gun shop might be able to order something for you if they don't have it in stock, and not mark it up too much.

You might find more affordable pistols in the used gun cases. Ask your local police if they've changed duty pistols recently; and if they have, ask who got the contract to provide the new ones. If it happens to be a local gun shop, it is quite possible the pistols that were traded in are available for sale to the general public. You'd be getting a good pistol at an affordable price that way. Just a thought.

6. PONTIACDM

PONTIACDM G&G Newbie

If you don't mind used. I gave either $300 or $350 for my Sig P226 9mm.

7. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

Taurus Millennium. Great gun and comes in 9MM, .40 and .45 at $350 or less.

8. Beach Bum

Beach Bum G&G Newbie

^^ + 1. My son has a 9MM Millennium as his carry gun. You can also get some good Sig German Police trades under $300 too.

9. TJ McC

TJ McC G&G Newbie

I couldn't agree more. I Love my .45 Millennium. Kel-Tec is another low cost high quality gun. I prefer Taurus but either one is a great weapon.

10. 1charter

1charter G&G Newbie

+1 to Bersa...they are not pretty but they are dependable (my opinion). Have a Ultra Compact 9mm. Eats anything I feed it. They presently run about $300.

11. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

I'm glad to hear a couple people praise the Bersa. I have one lower cost gun, Millennium, that goes back and fourth between my glove bax and my boat but would like to pick up another so one can live in the glove box and one on the boat. I have been looking at Bersa as one option or looking at buying another Millennium because I know I like them. Any other Bersa owners have anything good or bad to say about them?

Thanks,
    Gary

12. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

Recently got a Taurus 24/7 Compact for my gal...she's lovin it! Bud's & a few other places have them on sale right now. Taurus Blowout month and all that...

It's too small for my big ole mitts but it handles nicely for a shrimp gun. Very Easy to Conceal.

Used is a great way to get a deal if you are experienced with weapons. Take a barrel light with you :D

13. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

Heck, buy a couple of High Point pistols for that cash...might even be able to get a 3 for $350 deal if you press hard ;)

14. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Evangelist

Have to concur with the Bersa for that price range. But then, you also might find a good size, caliber wise that is, in a Kel-Tec as far as a hand gun goes? Good luck.

15. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

Smaller caliber but I just picked up a Kel-Tec P3AT for $265 after tax and background check and I love it. Living on an island shorts, t-shirt and flip flops are formal business attire. Makes it tough to conceal my 1911. The P3AT weighs just 11 ounces loaded with all 7 (6+1) rounds and in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

16. ian_brown

ian_brown G&G Newbie

You should be able to find a used Springfield XD in any of those calibers within your price range. I think they've been going for a little over $400 new on gunbroker.

17. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

I'll second the Springfield. I own 4 Springfield's and I see # 5 in my collection soon. If you can jump up in price Bud's has a .40 under $450 and several under $500. Plus, if you buy and XD or XD M by January 15 Springfield gives you 2 extra magazines (total of 4) and an extra magazine holster FREE. That is about $75 in extras.

18. Elvis Is Dead

Elvis Is Dead G&G Newbie

That would work out well. You'd always have one of the High Points with you when the other two are back being repaired. I'd rather have one good gun than trhee pieces of crap.

19. big boomer

big boomer G&G Enthusiast

Too bad you don't live in Minn. I was just at the gun shop and they had a Taraus 9mm new in box for 329.

20. sunwheel29

sunwheel29 G&G Addict

Just remember, it takes a big fool to recommend a cheap automatic pistol with a zinc slide and an even BIGGER FOOL to buy one.

When the gun wears out before you fire enough ammo to cover the cost of the gun, you haven't bought a bargain.

When a gun outlasts ten times it's purchase price in ammo, that's a bargain.

I would recommend looking around at the used guns out there. You should be able to find a KBI Browning clone, or a CZ-75 knock off in that range, or a good police trade in revolver.
    Over the years I have bought several used 1911s in the $300-$415 range.

I would rather have a good used gun than a new peice of crap with pot-metal slide any day of the week and twice on range days.
    Disposable zinc guns are not a bargain. They are abortions.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted