Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gun club I belong to has decided to auction off all their club guns. The minimum bid on the Garands was set at $300. My question is how high should I go when the auction rolls around in May?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
well if theres one ya really want,bid till your check book or wife tells ya to stop lol i love mine (garand) so much i couldnt put a price on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
pumpkinheaver,

Check the CMP website for rifle conditions, descriptions, and prices.... then compare these to the rifles available for auction. If the rifle you want is BETTER than CMP Service Grade description, then it's worth a bit more than the CMP's Service Grade price, if not, then don't pay that much..

After all is said and the gavel has pounded it's last, and you still don't have an M1, place your order with CMP.

My .02,
Swampy

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
I agree with Swampy as CMP has a good value scale. Now if it is a original and complete rifle this makes a difference and if it is a IHC or WRA with all correct parts now we jump up higher. If it is a standard mix master between $500.00 and $700.00 is a good price range if it has nice wood and barrel? Hope this helps.. Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts