Good Reminiscences about AH, our friend...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by woody1981, Sep 10, 2010.

1. woody1981

woody1981 Love Your Firearms! Forum Contributor

Who all has good stories to tell about their interaction with our departed friend, AH........ What a tribute it would make to chime in on the friendships we have had with AH.
    Here's mine: About a week after I first joined G&G, AH emailed me and told me I'd better get my friends' list built. He laughingly told me that it was empty and didn't look good. He became my first friend here on G&G. I will surely miss him.

2. CopperniX

CopperniX G&G Hall Monitor Staff Member

awhile back id always have a couple hours around noon when alot of the loading docks were closed down during the lunch hours and id sit in chat and if AH was on he would always hop in there and BS and let you vent if you were mad.

3. waterdog

waterdog G&G Enthusiast

I didn't know he passed ,sorry to hear, his presence will be missed ,may God bless. ...................................Waterdog, prayers sent to his loved ones,

4. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

He and I always found humor in jokingly poking fun at our Arkansas heritage, we shared more than a few PM's hob knobbing about what was going on in our state, I think that's what I'll remember the most about him, he was a fun guy to talk to, and it was an utter delight to have him on the forums.

5. Steve

Steve Master Gunsmith Staff Member

I too was a first timer being pm'd by mike to get my friends list going and after i became a moderator he and i talked many times on the phone about thing he though need attention. He will be miss in many many way's. He was a agood and active member that took great pride in a G&G family member. WE love you mike and we miss you.
    Steve

6. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I always looked forward to his post. He was a friend to all. He jokingly told me once he was willing his 870 to me because we shared so much interest in common with that shotgun. I told him it would never happen because he'd out live me.

7. I always remember how he was the first one to be my friend and has always been there for me whenever I need him. We laughed cried and discussed various issues and he was always there for me. He is a great man.

8. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

He sent me a PM once on a Saturday morning just to say hi and see how the world was treating a fellow Arkie. He friended me about that time and, like others, I always read what he had to say in his posts. I've made a lot of friends here on G&G and have friends here yet to be but ArkansasHunter will always be the heart of this forum for me.

9. bigbuddy21

bigbuddy21 G&G Evangelist

like everyone else i was shocked to hear about AH, i received a message on facebook by his bro. telling me about Mike. i still don't know what happened i replied to his bro. asking but have not gotten a reply yet. he will be missed.

10. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I hadn't heard! What happened?

My best memory of him is his writing to tell me he'd be praying for me when I let people know that I had to go into the hospital for surgery to remove a tumor. He wrote me regularly while I was recovering (still am, from the second surgery) to buck me up.

I'm going to miss him.

11. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Evangelist

AH was one of the few official 'friends' on G&G for me. He went out of his way to be helpful to me, to encourage me, and to pray for me. I'll not forget. Thank you,,,,, AH. (extra commas in his honor, he was a good sport about that). Bob

12. GUNZABLAZIN

GUNZABLAZIN G&G Evangelist

What!!!, I just saw this, he was always a nice poster and always greeted a new member. In the words of AH, he was a good feller!!!

13. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I just looked to be sure and Mike left my very first visitor message after I joined the site. His message was a request to be a friend and he became one. At first here on the forums and then by phone. We seemed to enjoy comparing who had the worst aches or pains on a given day! He sure liked complaining about his knees being bad from jumping on and off the chip truck! I'm gonna really miss the fella. I think we all will.

14. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I always got a kick out of the fact that he loved to heckle us in the Mosin forum long before he ever bought a Mosin. I just wish he would have actually shot that rifle!!!!

Always pleasant, steadfast and could find humor in most things of life! Yep, his story of his run in with Bigfoot was hilarious....

15. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

First pm I got here was from AH, he was for sure the Gun and Game ambassador.

16. gamehunter

gamehunter G&G Evangelist

The first day I ever entered the G&G chatroom I had cracked some jokes and he kept egging me on and replying with even more jokes that day he added me to his freind list and I did the same in return. I enjoyed reading all of his posts even the spiritual stuff (I am sure that feller tried to convert me from my ways a few times in chat). Mike used to remind me of ole Jed Clampett with the way he used to spell and I used to picture him actually talking like that and always used to put a grin on my face after reading his posts.

17. I did not know Arkansas Hunter very well. However, he was one of the first people to welcome me to the forum and one of the first I chatted with in the chat section. He was nice and polite to everyone and seemed to be a real gentleman.

18. Where do I start

Mike (Arkansas Hunter) was the first soul that ever greeted me here. We started a fast friendship. Perhaps it was because we were kindred souls, or maybe just because we were both a pair of old rednecks. I cannot say, what I can say is I will miss the morning insults. Like most men do we cannot express how we really feel, so he and I would trade gentle insults nothing crude or mean but silly things we both knew the other didn't mean. Silly fun goofy things like me calling him a hamster hugger or goat roper. You may all call me whatever you wish but that man was and is a dear dear friend. To those that can see I offer this I loved and cherished our friendship. I am going to miss terribly the morning insults and the way too overlong cell calls. I pray each of you offer a word or two in his memory. He was and is my friend I pray I live a life well enough that I get to see him again because I know where and who he is with. God Bless you Mike, Thank you for being my friend!

19. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Mike was one of the first on my friends list too. He pm'd me his phone number so I would call him late at night and we would talk until his phone battery died. His favorite saying to me was "Dang...Moose !" when I would tell him about life and hunting up here in Alaska. He told me he was gonna send me his Mosin Rifle that I helped Identify last year...I told him he needed to shoot the durn thing first...then he would probably keep it.
    I have many fond memories of our Conversations over the past couple of years, and I truly wanted to fly down there and meet him in person someday.
    I guess I'll just have to meet up with him down the trail...
    For now, he will live on in My heart.
    If someone has a Picture of Mike , I sure would Like to have a copy of it for My memory Album.

Rich

20. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

When I first found out I had breast cancer he pm'ed me. He told me to fight that nasty old cancer. He also said he would never stop praying for me. I wish to hell I would had saved his pm. But I didn't know he would left us so soon.