Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a stock 10/22 and what to scope it. I'm having a heck of a time with adjusting the stock sights and think I want to try out a scope on this gun. Any good suggestions on a 4x scope? Something affordable, light, but decent quality for the range.

Thanks!

Grant

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
I got a good 'ol silver Bushnell on my stainless 10/22....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have a BSA .22 scope - some people think it's east asian junk but it hasn't lost zero for me :right: you might eventually want to get a bull barrel - the stock one is pretty inaccurate IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have heard that the bull barrel is a plus on a target gun. That'll probably be an addon very soon.

I have been looking at the simmons 22 mag scope, a lot of people seem to recommend that one.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Pick the cheapest scope with the features you want, it'll hold up to the 22 recoil. I have a Simmons 3-9x32 on my 10-22.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,953 Posts
Ditto on the Simmons 3-9X32, mine is in silver to match the stainless finish of my 10-22. If I was more into target shooting with it, I'd go with the Bushnell 4-12X40AO. I have that one on a couple bolt rifles.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I save the big bucks glass for the centerfires - the Simmons .22Mag scopes, really any of their 40, 42mm scopes work just fine on rimfires. I have Simmons on all my rimfires including the .17VS Marlin & they seem to do a fine job.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Any Bushnell or Simmons 3 x 9 x whatever should do fine. I have an older silver tasco 3x9 on mine. I would go with the adjustable over the fixed 4x. The 10/22 is much more accurate at 100 yards or so than you would think! I use my scope above 4x more times than not.

·
Registered
767 Posts
simmons

I have simmons on about half of my 10/22's (I have 12) and they work great.
Remember there might be a manufacturing hump on the top of your receiver that needs to be sanded or filed down first to the mount sits nice and level.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If you go to Natchez you will find Bushnell 3-9x32 Sharp Shooter scopes for $19.99
I have one of these, and it is a great scope. Very clear. And for the price I don't think you could beat it for a 22.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts