close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Semi-Auto Shotguns

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Mar 15, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I'd like to know which semi-auto shotguns are the best for handling a variety of loads reliably and safely from 2.75" Federal 8 shot to 3" 00 buck to Brenneke Rifled slugs. I'd prefer Remington, Mossberg, or Winchester.

2. MuddyDuck

MuddyDuck G&G Newbie

AR.
    I've owned several Remingtons,I've never had problems,only they tend to be heavy.My 1187 SPT is a little lighter due to the synthetic stock/forearm.I won't say Rem. is the best,But I like em
    Plus you can get other barrel configs.(slug/tapped or rifle sights)

3. jerry

jerry Patriotic Member Forum Contributor

USA
    i don't have one albeit my brother and dad do. take a look at the Bennelli

4. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Out of the "big three" you listed, I would probably go with a Remignton 11-87. Never really heard any bad about them. Out of all the guys I go hunting with, almost all of them carry a Remington (870's and 11-87's). I do not have much experince with Mossbergs or Winchesters. I have heard some good responses about Bennelli, but never fired one and they are kinda pricey. I will be watching this thread though because I am looking to put my Ithaca 37 16 gauge into retirement and am thinking about getting a synthetic stocked 12 gauge 11-87 or 870.

5. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

i own one auto. it is a browning gold. i really enjoy it. handles all the loads i use, everything from light target for sporting clays to big 3 inchers for geese and turkey. never had any problems with it. i have never shot slugs out of it, i hunt back home in NW wisconsin with a rifle. only other one i have shot much is the super x2, but seemed a little big to me especially on the clay range.

6. Alan

Alan G&G Newbie

I have used several autos and always go back to the 1100 or now the 11-87 which uses a chrome tube insead of steel for the gas op cyl to use (better wear and less mess) and they have never failed me I would go with the 11-87 it has many things you can do with it change barrels on the road quickly and there cost is not to pricy like the benneli. Have fun shooting and be safe always,;)

7. rup

rup Moderator

i agree with the 1187 ,however for even more assurance try the 870. i have been to hunts in Mexico and South America where the auto just got shot so much they gummeb up and quit while the 870 kept working.

8. RichardC

RichardC G&G Newbie

J. C. Higgins made by High Standard don't bad!

9. Tee Hee Hee Hee LOL This Thread was posted back in 3-15-2002 I think he has owned several by now LOL

10. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Def. check into Benelli. Best shotgun I have ever fired. Now mine isn't a semi auto. However I have held one and have seen them used on a DVD demo.

Very nice and well worth the money!

11. scchokedaddy

scchokedaddy G&G Newbie

sc
    arkansashunter

Gee I thiought I had sssssslllllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww internet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess mines not that bad after all lol