Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think i made a good trade yesterday, but can't really find to much in the way value for what I received. I traded a brand new in the box Taurus G2C for a Smith and Wesson 13-3 357. It is in overall good condition, with some slight ware from being carried. It has aftermarket grips. Barrel is bright, and there is no pitting, rust, or other cosmetic damage. The cylinder is tight and the trigger and action feel great. I will post pics when I get home, this is just a more of a general question to see if I made a good trade, it was even, or I got took, lol. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
23,972 Posts
Whether it's a good trade for you is something that none of us could answer for you probably. So many times good trades are based on something other than dollar value to one or both parties in a trade.
I would encourage you to swing by the intrduction forum here on G&G and tell us a little about yourself.
https://www.gunandgame.com/forums/introduction.175/

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Well, given some of the problems with Taurus that have been associated to their pistols, I would say who ever got the S&W got the better deal.

Reactions: K75RT and big shrek

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
So I think i made a good trade yesterday, but can't really find to much in the way value for what I received. I traded a brand new in the box Taurus G2C for a Smith and Wesson 13-3 357. It is in overall good condition, with some slight ware from being carried. It has aftermarket grips. Barrel is bright, and there is no pitting, rust, or other cosmetic damage. The cylinder is tight and the trigger and action feel great. I will post pics when I get home, this is just a more of a general question to see if I made a good trade, it was even, or I got took, lol. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Good Trade!!

Reactions: K75RT and Gray Wolf

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Actualy would not trade my Taurus model 66 for any gun, including a sw. The G 2 series is a cheaply made series of semi auto self defence gun, that Taurus should have discontinued, a long time ago, but they just will not let it die. It is made as a cheap 7 yard self defence gun.For those who do not know any better.The Beretta they copied was not very spectacular to start with,and they degraded the design even more.
It functions, it is cheap, it is light,so it sells often as a self, or defence starter gun.
Personaly I would rather spend less and get a High Point, less moving parts to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
You stole it. G2s sell for 200 bucks new. Used S&W revolvers in good shape, even no-frills service revolvers go for 300 and up nowadays.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought it for my wife because it was small and fit her hand, but she never carried it or shot it and it was purple, so i know i would never use it, so put it up for sale or trade, and bingo scored the S&W.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts