close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got a Hakim

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ltcboy, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Nice gun! I use to have one. Sorry I ever got rid of it. When my boys were small (6 & 8yrs), I had it set up on a swivel bypod for them. Between the auto action and the muzzle break there was very little recoil.

We would have a contest to see who could first hit an apple at one hundered yards. We'd fire at will, I would use my muzzle loader, they would use the Hakim. They learned controlled fire pretty well. Wasn't long before it was no contest.

Hud

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The Hakims do have good Muzzle Brakes.

3. Was at the range to fire the Hakim--had a great time. Very accurate,fun and a great rifle to shoot.

4. RandyMac

RandyMac G&G Newbie

I don't know much about Hakims. There's been one at the local gun shop for a long time, it appears to be in very good shape. I think they want about $150.00 bucks for it. I've picked it up several times to look at to figure out how it works. Kind of a diffrent looking rifle.

Randy

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Randy, that is a STEAL at that price.

6. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

If the price is that low, there may be something wrong with it. If not, or if you can accept what's wrong, definitely get it immediately.

7. RandyMac

RandyMac G&G Newbie

I'm going to look at the Hakim tomorrow. The Shop is only open Thurs-Fri 12-6 PM. I'm off work for awhile, so I'll have lots of time to see if the rifle is ok. I should be able to find a book with an exploded view so I can count the parts. Anything I should look for? At any rate I'll report back.

Randy

8. I bid on one a few months ago. I kick myself in the ssa for not buying one i found in a small town in Texas for $300.

9. RandyMac

RandyMac G&G Newbie

I checked out The Hakim this afternoon. I would give it a 98% grade. There were still traces of cosomline in a few spots, one small ding on fore stock. The bore looked really good, and almost all the finish is there. The price was $180.00 not $150.00 like I thought. I didn't see any importers stamps, or funny re-stampings you see on some other imported guns.
    I'll give it some thought, it's sitting next to something else I've been looking at.

Randy

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

It is still a steal! It is a poor man's version of the Barret M82. It will fire the hot 7.92 mm machine gun ammo.

11. There are guys right now, at this minute, on Auction Arms selling Hakims for $600-$800. I cannot understand what justifies this price. Any opinions Klaus??

12. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Good Hakims are hard to find and they are powerful and accurate semiautomatic weapons. There were some imported about 10 years ago, and the sold for like $150. The supply dried up, and others are only starting to find out about these big, nasty looking, rifles now. There is a big difference between Online Auctions and gouging dealers. Ebay type auctions ( I do not think EBay actually lists firearms) show actual bids by the customers, whereas the gouging gun show dealer sets a price and tries to find gullible people, conspiring with other dealers to inflate prices if they can do it.

13. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Itch boy, to sum it up:
    Hakims are:
    1. powerful
    2. accurate
    3. big
    4. mean looking
    5. loud
    6. scarce
    7. military

They also have an interesting history and ammo is readily available.

14. Itcboy, most of the ones I have seen are in the $500 Range. Mine was $250, 7-10 years ago. Have the local gunsmith ckeck it over, if you get the thumbs up-buy it, before sombody else does.

15. Thanks for the info

16. EddiePook

EddiePook G&G Newbie

Hakim

Hi all, great forum. I have a Hakim(no clip) great condition which was sitting in my safe for about 16 years, my son finally talked me into taking it to the range a couple of weeks ago and well...I don't know why I ignored that rifle, it was an incredible experience firing it. All heads turned when I fired the first round out of it! The accuracy was very impressive as well.
    Any advice on the best way I can locate a couple of clips would be appreciated. I had to manually reload it one round at a time.

Best regards!
    Eddie

17. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

be prepared to pay 60 to 100 bucks for a Hakim Magazine !!! they are scarce...
    Rich

18. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I finally got mine fully restored -- had to go find a few original parts but it looks good planning for the range soon