close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

got it

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by lefty o, Apr 15, 2002.

1. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    picked up the new lone eagle last night. sweet, stainless barrel with an ak style brake milled into the barrel. mri even threw in their large pistol rug for free.

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

An AK style brake? I would assume you are referring to the AK-74 type, since most of the AK-47s and AKMs had no brakes. I have not seen any photos of the lone eagle with a brake like that. All the pictures in the magazines, website, and brochures show brakes made from about 30 or so holes. What caliber did you get?

3. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    its a 7mm-08. about the brake ive shot the ones with all the holes and they seem to work well. cant wait to see what this one shoots like, ill have to stop by mri next week and talk to the gunsmith and see if he got bored and made this one himself,pretty cool though its not screwed or welded on its actually machined into the barrel.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well, my new barrel finally came in for my .50, but I do not have the funds to get it right now. :(

5. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    new barrel already? just kidding! did you order a short one or longer, and why if i may ask?

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I ordered the 10" barrel. I expect it to kick a bit less and gain about 170 FPS. That is a major increase in power over the 6" .50 barrel.

7. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    sounds good to me. hey what do ya think? jesse ought to rename this forum klaus and lefty o's page, cause no one else seems to use it!(just kidding jesse) :gangster:

8. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    finally shot the lone eagle. good shootin' gun. the muzzle break works very well-kicks less than my 44superblackhawk hunter.shooting freehand you get no more than 3" of muzzle rise, impressive to say the least.