Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, the mini bolts are nice. I mainly went with the Savage due to the peep site. It's also grooved for scope mounting (the literature dosen't mention) My daughter wasn't picking up the conventional site theory well, but fully understands the peep. She will probably end up a scope shooter. Better than no shooter at all. No, I'm not scope bashing:D. A couple of my best shooting guns have scopes :right:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice job Jerry Its good to see our kids excited about shooting, especially the girls.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Good stuff Jerry! Glad to see that you didn't make the same misjudgement (sic) that I did.

I know it was for a girl - but I STILL can't believe I bought a pink rifle, what was I thinking? :eek:

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
WHAT A SWELL DADDY

hope to see a range report of your daughters new rifle; that is if daddy lets it go long enough:D ;)

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah!
I'll have to demonstrate propper technique of course :D

Hert b-day is not 'till May, I'll have to hold off on the range repot till then. Wife actually gave me the blessing to give it up early, but I wanted to wait for her birthday.

As long as she's happy with the pink rifle Max, that's all that matters :D

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I'm thinking of building a kiddie-sized butt stock for my Marlin 39a for my grandkids to shoot. My grandkids are 3, 4, and almost 5 and all three are really psyched about getting to shoot. If I don't do the Marlin, I'm thinking of one of the youth model Henry's.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gave it to her on her b-day last week. I hope to sneak to the range tommorrow to let her shoot it. If not then sometime after work this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts