1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
20201027_134422.jpg
20201027_134401.jpg
20201027_134503.jpg

Sportco, a local sporting goods store in Fife, Washington, has the Weatherby vanguard tungsten Series 2 on sale for $200 off the original price. Well, after holding it and checking out this awesome trigger, I now own one. Lol Even comes with a muzzle brake, if you want to install one. Now I need a new scope and some 6.5 Creedmoor ammo.
20201027_134705.jpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a Ruger American in 270 that shoots really good, so even though the recoil is more on the 270, I never saw the need for a 6.5 Creedmoor. But, I do have several grandkids that are of hunting age, so I think I'll set this up for one of them to take hunting. I may grow to like it and take it for myself. hahaha It has a great trigger.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Nice looking rifle!
If the situation allows next year I'll probably get a bolt action rifle and a long barrel upper receiver for my AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmoor.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've actually been looking at getting a 6.5 Creedmoor upper for my AR 10, but when I saw this I couldn't resist it. The trigger is at least as good if not better than the accutrigger on my Savage 10 and for $460, I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
900 Posts
View attachment 153980 View attachment 153982 View attachment 153984
Sportco, a local sporting goods store in Fife, Washington, has the Weatherby vanguard tungsten Series 2 on sale for $200 off the original price. Well, after holding it and checking out this awesome trigger, I now own one. Lol Even comes with a muzzle brake, if you want to install one. Now I need a new scope and some 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. View attachment 153986
Nice gun. Not sure why you would need a muzzle break, the whole concept of the round was to cut down from the 308 recoil and shoot long bullets. Love the Weatherbys, have 3.

Reactions: rangerjd

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice gun. Not sure why you would need a muzzle break, the whole concept of the round was to cut down from the 308 recoil and shoot long bullets. Love the Weatherbys, have 3.
At the moment, I don't expect I'll put the muzzle brake on it. I don't have one on any of my other rifles, to include my .300 win mag, so I don't think I'll need it on this. I was thinking I may put it on for the grandkids to shoot, however, I sent my grandson in Alaska, who is 12, a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle and my son put a brake on it for him. The sounds scared him so much he's afraid to shoot it now. Hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts