Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gentlemen,
I finally got my first handgun. Nothing great, but it was affordable and seemed pretty nice. I got an Arminius HW-38 with a 3" barrel in 38special. Paid 120 at J&G. I did read up on them as much as possible on the net before I bought it, but there just doesn't seem to be much out there about them. Took it out last weekend and it shoots really well. FAR more accurate than I expected with only a 3" barrel. And with the sweet thumbrest grips, the recoil is SUPER reasonable. Anyway, I was just excited I finally got a handgun after all the rifles that the info on this site convinced me to buy. LOL. Here is a pretty bad picture I took with my phone. I will try to get some better pictures when the real camera is charged up. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Congrats on your first revolver and it looks real nice. Enjoy it and be careful with it. You now hold a Thrump card because your life may depend on it someday. But lets hope you never have to use it.
Get your concealed carry permit then keep it concealed theres no need to let the left hand know what the right hand is doing.
Be safe and not sorry...A.H

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AH. I do enjoy it and am careful with all firearms. I do pray I never have to use it, but it is a comfort to know that if I do need it, it's there. I plan on getting my CCW permit within a year or so.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is one fine looking revolver. Congratulations on your first handgun. From the sounds of it, it might be the first of many. :)
Absolutley! I am already looking at a Rohm SAA style single-action .22lr that J&G has for 150 to be my birthday present next May if they have still got it. But I may change my mind before then and go for a semi. Who knows! All my buddies were excited to go out and have some beers on their 21st, but when they all told me they wanted to take me to a bar, I told them sure! We can go to Whiskey Row in Prescott after we go up there to J&G so I can buy my handgun! HAHA!! Different priorities right?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Always fun to pop that handgun cherry for the first time.

Nice gun you go there.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun. This one's for shootin'..." ALRIGHT, that's enough...hah.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You say different priorities, I say GOOD priorities! Guns are a great investment. .22LR pistols are a blast. Cheap to shoot, no recoil, and a great way to ventilate some pop cans!!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with the whole 22lr thing. I only have one .22 right now. A bolt action Toz-78 and love it. Need to get it scoped though so the wife will shoot it. She loves my old man's 10/22 with the 3-9X30 on there. He also has a Ruger MKII with the 5.5" bull barrel that is a blast!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have you ever shot any .17 calibers MM? I can shoot .22 all day, but I'm hooked on the .17's as well. I have a savage and a ruger in .17HMR. I set a 1" shoot-n-see target at 100 yds. and try to turn the entire thing yellow. I rarely shoot outside the 1" target with the Ruger. Loads of fun. .22LR's are fun at 100 yds. too, cause it takes a second or two for the bullet to travel that far, so you get to watch it hit. :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't shot anything in a .17 yet, but I would love too. My uncle has a few but I don't get to see him that often because of scheduling conflicts. (He works a lot of Saturdays). But i love shooting the bolt .22 at 100 yards or so at a can of shaving cream!

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you think shaving cream is fun, try a can of that instant spray foam insulation. WOW, that stuff really flies!!! :) Although, the shaving cream is a bit cheaper. I watched a video a while back of some kids that were using those small propane bottles. They would get a little fire going, and hang the can over the flames and shoot it from about 50 yds. away. Made a good sized mushroom cloud when it went off.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I watched a video a while back of some kids that were using those small propane bottles. They would get a little fire going, and hang the can over the flames and shoot it from about 50 yds. away. Made a good sized mushroom cloud when it went off.
Poor man's Tannerite!

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Palm shooter

Since someone on the Newbie page asked me to post it, here it is.

S&W .40

Don't like the trigger action much, but I am getting used to it..............

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice lookin gun you got there LKermit! And welcome to Gun and Game!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL... I wanted more when I was still in the gun shop! HAHA!! Got another question for you guys though. I went to adjust the rear sight and ended up pulling the blade all the way out and hearing the spring fly around the room. GREAT!!! Does anyone know where I can get a TINY little spring to replace it with? Would Ace or Home Depot have a spring that small?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,715 Posts
Depending on how small the spring is, you might look at the springs in mechanical pens and pencils, and the ones in lighters for the flint.
Pentel pencil springs are often used as trigger springs fro .22 rifles! I've done three of mine. Always think out of the 'gun box'! :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did try the one out of a pen as I had a bunch laying around from when I was building my remote control rock crawler shocks the other day. The pen springs were WAY too big though. I hadn't thought of the ones from a lighter. I will have to see if I can find one lying around when I get home tonight! Thanks BD!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Also try places like Radio Shack for those little springs. I know it was recommended as a place to buy those little springs when I was rebuilding a switch for my Jeep Cherokee.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts