Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Garand to the 100 Yard FOP range this morning to get her sighted in. Was not bad off to start with, after 2 shots tho my trigger group came out, didnt lock it in right and had to stop get that fixed, didnt have a book so didnt know how to reload a parcial clip so just put a new clip in. As you can see in the pics, the bottom 2 shots then the 2 four shot groups as it was dialing in then the 8 round group bottom left with all touching but 2, ya cant even see all the holes they made there so close,thats a quarter for comparison by it, this 2 stage trigger makes it pretty dam easy to say the least. For my first Garand and first buy from cmp I am hooked for life now, I love this gun

·
Wonderment :)
33,563 Posts
target

Righteous: Sir; that is a good start:09: Sir; good shooting guns are good.:)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Its going to be real hard to improve on that! Now get off that bench and see what you can do. Loks like your Garand can do its part!

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Looks good, Righteous...
Taking one my recent CMP purchases to the range today; hope it shoots a well as yours.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
One of the bad things about the Garand is that you cant "top off" the Magazine or put anything but a full 8 round clip in it. Not counting 5 round or 2 round clips of course. So if you have to eject a clip that is partially used you have to refill the clip to 8 rounds before reinserting. It is one of the GI's biggest complaint about the Garand. Nice grouping Rightous.

·
I don't take prisoners...
3,885 Posts
Once you get familiar with the Garand, you can take that 8 shot clip and insert any amount of rounds in it-from 1 to 8. You give me 4 rds, or 5, or 6 and I'll shoot them out of the Garand and have that clip eject on the last round.Any amount from 1 to eight. Really!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts