close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got my Sks chinese milled from classic!

Discussion in 'SKS' started by fullMetalJack, Apr 6, 2014.

1. fullMetalJack

fullMetalJack G&G Addict

Well I got my sks from classic! I think I got charged the next grade of shipping because all the cosmoline lol. This in all my years was the biggest Cosmoline clean up thus far. Looked like a alien threw the gun up like MIB lol. Anyway after getting all the parts cleaned up, All metal parts are in great shape. The stock and wood had a bunch of dings and scratchs as to be expected from these Chinese milled rifles.havnt looked up the origin yet, but will let yall know. I Steamed out most of the dents on the stock with a handy dandy household iron. I just used the steam on a cloth over the bruises. it wont take out everything, but if you plan to try to salvage the stock for a refinish it might be in your intrest. Im gonna stain the wood after I sand her down. I know some of the blemishes will show when im done but that's what im going for to add some flavor to the original character. Ill post some pics when im done. Overall, great value right now for a milled Chinese sks from classic. get em while there hot!

neophyte likes this.
  2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

fullMetalJack: :Sir, very good :) Pictures, :)