Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching and searching and searching some more, I finally found an sks. It's a Yugo unissued still in box packed full of cosmo. Can't wait for some decent weather so I can get to the range. Here are pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
That's real nice looking. Looks like you got it cleaned up well.

My yugo was packed in cosmo too. It was a pain to clean, but worth it. How much did you pay?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
225 is what i paid. There is still some cosmo on it/in it, but I wanted to reassemble it for pics and to see what was hard about re-assembly(trigger assembly an absolute biotch)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wow your's looks like new!!! the one I bought had been around the block a few times.

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
i got an unissued also, no fun to clean but its worth it! i dont take mine out enough. im always playin with the latest addition and forget about some of the really cool ones i already own! have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
it's a long drive from arkansas but if want to come to ohio, I'll let you in on my secret
Man... if I could make it out to Ohio without paying huge amounts of money and had the time to, I'd so be there. I'm stuck here in Western Washington and have to go to the University of Washington until I graduate. Until then I'm pretty stuck with my Mosin 91/30, CETME and Glock 27.

If your secret is that you have Ohio Gun nearby, then it's not really a secret, but I thought they were pretty much out of SKS's and M38's.:confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not ohio gun. Arkansas-google olde english outfitters-email them and see if they have any more

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Where are the good gun shops you've found in our neck of the woods, Troy?
Thanks,
Jay1958
I travel a lot on the job, so I have found several that I like. As for my area, there isn't much in Johnston County. Just outside this area, there are several that I shop.

In Goldsboro, there are Four Seasons on Ash Ave. and W.T.'s on Hwy 70.

Springhill Outfitters is OK in Kenly.

Personal Defense at Tryon Hills in Raleigh is one place I stop by from time to time.

One of my favorites is The Arsenal in Roxboro. I love the owner there. He is a great guy to chat with and many of his staff are fun to talk with. I stopped by there again today since my work took me there. I snatched up that Yugo SKS I wanted to get yesterday but couldn't. It isn't in awesome shape, but is solid. I was offered an un-issued Russian Tula SKS while there.

On occasion, I have stopped by and purchased from Mace Sports in Mebane.

I have purchased firearms from all of these stores so far, as well as accessories.

·
Registered
480 Posts
So how long has Olde English had them? I visit them about once a month. Im originally from that area, and go home to visit family often.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts