Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
RetiredFreedomfighter: Sir; adding 馃榿

Ruger Single Seven 327 Federal Magnum Revolver
Lipsey's Exclusive Logo's Exclusive Logo

This product photo may not represent the complete detail of the item being purchased. Please verify the product based on the model #, UPC #, description and specifications before ordering.
Skip Item Details
Ruger Brand Logo

LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE
RUKSSMBH-3-327
SINGLE SEVEN 327FED 3-3/4" FS
8163 7 SHOT/BIRDSHEAD GRIP
327 Federal Magnum
MANUFACTURER: Ruger
MFG MDL #: 8163
UPC: 736676081639
This item is in the Lipsey's Catalog, but that does not mean that it is currently available. Please contact a Lipsey's Dealer to order.
MSRP: $799.00
Yea well, not paying $799 or anywhere close. LOL. It sure looks nice, but I have Ruger Single Actions in 22, 22 mag, 9mm, 38, 357, 45 acp and 45 Colt including Ruger only 45 Colt. Guess I will just have to make due, except maybe adding the Wrangler bird head 22 when the price drops. The more you collect the fewer they get shot.

I have money, I just do not like to pay big bucks. Hopefully someone on G and G will buy one of these and post a report. I have also noticed that when I see a cool gun I just have to have, about a year later, another one pops up and that one case to the back of the safe.

Reactions: neophyte

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Buds Gun Shop has the regular Ruger Wrangler for $179.95 now. I assume other stores are that cheap also. Buy Ruger Wrangler .22LR 4 5/8" Tungsten Cerakote Online | 2023 - Buds Gun Shop

I also saw the Heritage 22s for as low as about $144 today. For an extra $30 you can add the 22 mag cylinder.

Anyone that does not have a single action 22 might want to scarf one up before this inflation increases the price, and it will.

We live in the boonies and have lots of snakes so I usually keep a 22 pistol out handy loaded with the first 3 rounds as snake shot. If you ever need to shoot one in the house, and I have, the 22 snake shot is pretty handy. They come in through doggy doors. I once used the CCI 9mm snake shot in the garage. Do not do that. It will bounce off the concrete, hit the retaining wall and come back and ding your wife's car, do not use the 9mm in the garage. Sometimes you just cannot get hold of them and they need to be stopped before they crawl up into your favorite recliner or other spot where they are difficult to get out. If you are opposed to shooting in your house, a tennis racket works pretty well to control their movement. And of course a snake catcher, pipe with cable inside, is a nice thing to keep around.....I made 4 of those and keep one in each barn and building on the place. But a single action 22 works the best.

FWIW

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
1 more 馃

Other than a place with bears, those 2 videos make the 327 look like the perfect "trail gun". My personal trail guns are basically revolvers so they take snake shot. My fav is the Model 60 Smith and Wesson, 357, stainless 3 inch, with adjustable sights. But either of the ones shown in these videos would be great. The 327s are on my bucket list, but age and health has delayed any additions. Thanks for the videos. That 327 birds head is now on the list. LOL

So many guns, so little time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
21 - 26 of 26 Posts