close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gotta try this squirrel recipie!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Aug 11, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    went out and hurt the squirrel population today. Three, ha ha. At any rate, ran out of room in the freezer. So, cooked 'em tonight. My son still eats as I write.

3~4 Squirrel
    2~3 EGGS
    1~2 cup cornmeal
    1 cup chicken stock (canned broth works)
    1 cup dry white wine (drink the rest)
    1 clove garlic
    1 ned onion
    2 pinches rosemary ( it was $3.89, I used a pinch of Italian season)
    1 stick of Butter
    1 tblsp chopped parsley ( shake out whatever after drinkin wine)
    salt
    freshly ground pepper ( yeah right, the stuff in the can like normal flok have)

In a large sauce pan palce 1 cup of chicken stock, 1 cup of wine, 1 onion minced fine, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper to taste and 4 squirrel in serving portions. boil reduce & simmer for 10 min. remove squirrel and put to side. simmer stock 10 more min. beat eggs and corn meal pieces. let sit for 10 min and egg and cornmeal again. melt butter and brown garlic in skillet. REMOVE garlic, trust me if you dont it will look like mouse crap. brown meat. remove to warming oven to finish cooking 350 deg or so till tender. strain stock and add 3/4 ~ 1 cup to skillet. stir over low flame 'till thickens. Serve gravy seperately over rice or grits. we had rice.
    n-joy

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Can ya substitute cat? And how many!:D :eek:

3. Tree rats -- house rats -- you said 4 cats -- that ought to be enough. Jerry the only way that I have had squirrel is stew -- my grandmothers. It was to die for. Thanks for the recipe.

4. Can I substitute my neighbors Mini Yorkshire Terrier?

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yum, now THATS good eating!

6. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    with meat substitutions you may need to modify the garlic quantity.