Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arizonans who carry concealed weapons without a state permit still can wind up behind bars.
Gov. Janet Napolitano vetoed legislation Tuesday reducing the penalty to a $300 fine, so violators are still subject to up to six months in jail and a $2,500 fine.
The move angered Rep. Russell Pearce, R-Mesa, who said HB 2630 was designed to protect individuals who are not committing any other crimes. He called Napolitano a "gun-grabbing, Constitution-ignoring governor."

More...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
It is BS. This is supposed to be the most gun friendly state there is, and we work hard to keep it that way. She is a woman, and most women in the government would banish guns altogether if they could. Tell me I'll wrong.

On the other side of the spectrum, it is an open carry state and if you don't have a CCW permit then you can just open carry. The fine and jail time is harsh, but if you are carrying concealed without a permit you know you are breaking the law, it may be a stupid law, but it is the law and a CCW permit is very easy to obtain.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
19,019 Posts
Kay Bailey's (Hutchinson) been pretty Pro 2A (TX Senator) so you're wrong about her.

It might be a democrat thing (unfortunately) -- there are bad republicans too when it comes to the 2A issue, but most of the wacky stuff has a "D" next to the introducer's party's affiliation. You'd think the good democrats would realize this is a losing proposition in all ways and break from the party line.

Gov Nap is rated a B- by the NRA, but I think she's more anti-gun than that. Maybe woman democrat anti-gun is the worst of all worlds ;) ........

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Kay Bailey's (Hutchinson) been pretty Pro 2A (TX Senator) so you're wrong about her.

It might be a democrat thing (unfortunately) -- there are bad republicans too when it comes to the 2A issue, but most of the wacky stuff has a "D" next to the introducer's party's affiliation. You'd think the good democrats would realize this is a losing proposition in all ways and break from the party line.

Gov Nap is rated a B- by the NRA, but I think she's more anti-gun than that. Maybe woman democrat anti-gun is the worst of all worlds ;) ........

Of course the girls in Texas are going to be pro 2A, but I think it peaks out there and you are right about the Dem thing, but more Repubs are becoming anti gun as well. I am an Independent just about 100% of Independents are pro 2A. :burnout:

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Well, Arizona has an open carry law and a CCW law. So, to me, a person wanting to carry concealed should apply for the permit, meet the requirements, and get the license.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
I agree with ^^^^^ 100%. I mean since they let you and all you have to do is apply for it, and as long as you have no reasons that you won't get it, why wouldn't you want to do it the right way and risk everything?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I live in AZ since I retired in Mich., 20yrs ago, I moved here and received my CC Permit, and I am a confirmed Republican, but would vote our Democrat Governor for president if she were running, because she in my opinion is strictly PRO GUN, she is 100% right, its easy to get a carry permit, or you can open carry,if you carry concealed without a permit, you are a lawbreaker.

The N.R.A. gave her a B simply because she was against carrying in a bar, and I for one applaud her for that, carrying in a bar is realy stupid.
falcon2

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
19,019 Posts
I stand corrected then. My sincere apologies. I know AZ has been an open carry state for years, but you could check your (open carry) guns on the way in to a bar when I was last there (wasn't checking the guns, just noticed it :) ).

PA restricts only in court houses and schools (I disagree with the schools restriction, by the way). I personally think one with a CCW should be able to carry anywhere unrestricted. Persons with CCW can be smart enough not to carry when drinking.

I'm all for reducing the fine to a trivial one in this case irregardless. I believe that, while TX, PA, FL, AZ and others have a pretty decent CCW licensing system, everywhere should be like AK or VT -- if you're not a felon or committing a crime you can carry everywhere unrestricted. We know criminals don't follow the law--why not let citizens exercise their constitutionally protected right ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts