Governor Halfwhit in Michigan decrees people must wear masks in public spaces

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, Jul 10, 2020.

1. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I find the whole thing amusing.

sooner or later, just like a cold or the flu, everyone is gonna get this virus too.

the mask, the mask, the mask.
    the whole mask thing is just a ploy so more ugly girls can get married.

Dutch, BigEd63, reverendg and 2 others like this.
  2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Exactly. They want to drag this chit out so Trump cant campaign also. After election this stuff will magically go away

Dutch, jerry and BigEd63 like this.

3. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Some sheriffs in Texas are refusing to enforce the governor's latest order of masks in public. According to one that I read about, there is no provision for arrest, etc. He said all it amounted to was they could stop folks & remind them, in other words, be baby sitters.:p

Dutch, BigEd63, TXplt and 1 other person like this.
  4. rando

Maryland
    I am thinking legally that they cant do anything for not wearing one. I went to a Walmart this week and half the people had none. I have seen and heard more people than ever saying they have had enough of wearing them.

Dutch and TXplt like this.
  5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The thin "masks" most people wear are nothing more than a combination of a feel-good placebo and virtue signalling, useless in real world terms. If they wore proper N95 masks I'd be more impressed.
    I have a case of ten M95s, but gave my sister and BIL one each.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Dutch and BigEd63 like this.
  6. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Previously, our governor stated his executive orders do not carry weight of law & people can not be arrested. I suppose he could call a special session & try to get it made into law, if he chose.

At senior shopping times at the Walmart here, Tuesday mornings, just about everyone is wearing a mask of some sort, if only a bandana. The time I went during an afternoon, I'd guess less than half were wearing a mask. They also ignored the one-way shopping!:p

Dutch, BigEd63 and rando like this.
  7. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

They may not legally be able to enforce it.

But all of these stores are private property. So since they did the madness with the shutdowns they can attempt to coerce the businesses to do this (via licensing, inspections, etc). As well as the silly (and pulled out of someone’s rear end) six foot lines on the floor. And since the business is private property they then can attempt to bounce you for not wearing one.

There’s no real evidence that mass masks really do much (at least in what people wear, how they wear them, etc.). Analogy of of the chain link fence and Mosquito. They can prevent some overspray and uncontained sneezes but then again they ALSO serve as a breeding ground for the WuFlu as well as other pathogens. So in some cases may well do more harm than good. It’s a mixed bag in practice and has the additional nasty quality of dehumanizing folks and their facial expressions and humanity. All of this stuff has had that effect — making folks afraid to hug, shake hands, human contact, seeing their face, etc — almost like social programming by a mad Nazi scientist. So it furthers a Marxist agenda even if that’s not the intent.

If it makes you feel better to wear a mask have at it. If not that’s fine too. But the coercion and shaming paradigm is really dangerous and has no basis in fact. Kinda like letting the TSA into your personal life.

I’m not a mask kind of a guy but if someone is that’s great. Making it some sort of procedure or edict though is what I find scary. The herd of lemmings going over a cliff.

Dutch, jerry and rando like this.
  8. rando

Maryland
    I feel like they are liking the fact to take away peoples identity by us all wearing a mask. Also trying to keep people in fear of each other basically. I was over a friend of mines gun shop this morning to just BS a little. I walk in with no mask and him and his wife dont mind it. They dont wear them either. Their counter guy prefers to wear one and I am fine with that. Also half of the customers had them on that came in. He prefers no mask to identify you upon entering after being robbed back about a year ago.

Cyrano, Dutch, jerry and 3 others like this.
  9. shop tom

shop tom G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

After Trump loses the election because of his incompetence and idiotic refusal to even try to understand the basic common sense in wearing a mask, y'all will blame everybody but yourselves for his loss and the increasing ravages of the virus.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  10. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

Well, I take my doctor’s advice, and that of other medical persons I know. They told me it was stoopid. But if it makes ya feel good... go right ahead.
    Since you like security theater you oughta put a “gun free zone” sign outside your house too, nobody can shoot you that way.

Dutch, BigEd63, TXplt and 1 other person like this.
  11. rando

Maryland
    Whatever you think Tom. Trump maybe will lose the election with all this crookedness and lying Democrats that know they are losers and grabbing at whatever they can to try to make Trump incompetent. I see what side of the fence you are on. If you choose to believe the nonsense and also choose to wear a mask then go ahead. Dont try to convince me Trump is doing anything wrong. What is wrong is the state level Democrats trying to tell us what to do and controlling you like a puppet. You wear your mask and thats fine with me. I am my own person and have plenty of common sense and maybe I choose not too.

PaleHawkDown, Dutch, jerry and 2 others like this.
  12. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

In fairness, I went along with the “experts” until it became apparent that there was no real agreement wiithin their ranks.
    At work I have no choice so must be masked, though a large number of people seem to war the masks as chin straps.

Dutch and jerry like this.
  13. shop tom

shop tom G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'm on the side of the fence of a guy who voted for Trump, yet I will hold him to a standard of competency that I would hold anyone to. He seems to be putting his reelection in jeopardy by putting it's importance over yhat of dealing competently with the virus. He directly contradicts facts, data, and people who are far more educated and trained in health matters and virology. His actions, statements, missteps and lack of leadership are of his own making, yet are responsible in large part for what is happening. That Democrats (I am NOT one) seem to be more interesting in dealing with the virus by listening to health experts does not necessarily make one a puppet by following what they recommend, and neither does following the recommendatioins by those same health experts about wearing masks.

14. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

Take off the blinders Tom. The Dems have changed their mind numerous times, to try and demonize. You just buy into it so easily. Trump followed expert advice, just not the CNN anointed experts, like the Chinese, or WHO. Remember, he shut down air travel when everyone said that was xenophobic? Then, later, they said he should have done it sooner?
    That kool-aid must taste good. Hydroxychloroquine anyone? It’s bad for you, makes things worse, oops, no it doesn’t! Seems to be the case with everything, huh Tom? But go ahead, keep buying.

15. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I dunno but it seems that many people are uncomfortable being alone,they must gather and bunch up,without those oppressive masks and get sick and wonder why,like I said,"I dunno.":usa2:;):confused:

16. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

N95 masks may have some effectiveness, but the surgical type masks worn by most people, and handed out at my work, are of little value. The cloth masks and bandanas so many are wearing....2% effectiveness, best case. Kind of like wearing a hair tie as a condom.
    Security theater. Actually the aerosols and droplets collected on your mask and carried around with you to your vehicle and home can negate any possible effectiveness. Do you decontaminate and shed any protective clothing before entering a secured environment? Change your safety equipment at regular intervals or immediately after any near field contact with others? Like I said, security theater.

Dutch and TXplt like this.
  17. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Don't bunch up,that helps a bit. :(

18. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

Make up your own minds. But make informed decisions. If you think what the msm and the Dems, and even WHO are being forthright, think again.

big shrek, Dutch, Ed_B and 4 others like this.
  19. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

The best informed decision is to take what all those dimwits at the who, fda, cdc, msm, and especially the demonrats are saying with a grain of salt.. Anyone with a computer and a little time could do some research and come up with far better answers. The big difference is they have an agenda to worry about first, and using the ".001 pandemic" as a tool is of utmost importance. Its also why virtually everything they have waffled back and forth about ends up being a decision based on their agenda instead of historical data or even scientific information. Even bad orange man with a bit of IQ and a few minutes to diddle on the computer and he can come up with real world data and information that more often than not has turned out to be correct. It isn't like those at the cdc, who, and others believed or knew trump was wrong, it is their agenda to make him look wrong and influence the low IQ voters.
    The disinformation army of the demonrat party is so strong that even drug research is being hampered by people "pre-believing" what they are being told instead of what research will teach. Hydroxychoroquine is a perfect example, 65 years of use not only for its original intent but also for many others and a simple agenda driven "it's not a cure, or it might have side effects" and testing and studies are totally derailed. 65 years of proven virtually no side effect use is stifled by the demonrat disinformation army. Known instances of negative reactions or side effects of hydroxychloroquine by users not taking other certain medications is less than 1 in 100K. Compared to many of todays wonder drugs it is easily considered side effect free. AT most you might get 10 side effected cases per 1M treated. In what twisted world do we live in where its better to do nothing or mess around with far out experimental drugs, than to treat with a known proven drug and save many lives, its certainly not to prevent the inconvenience of a few people that might have a side effect. It does have everything to do with the demonrats having control of the " .001 pandemic" and ensuring its usefulness as a political weapon at election time.

BLOOD on HANDS = DEMONRATS

big shrek, Dutch, Huey Rider and 5 others like this.
  20. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

As far as masks go there are NO masks that us common folk are going to buy that have much of any effect protecting against a virus, other than the psychological effect that "you are doing something". There is also no proof that the majority infected by cv19 got it thru inhalation as the eyes and skin are just as effective places of transmission. Transmission routes are still baffling the experts as so many have gotten the virus and have no idea how as they were not around any sick people coughing or sneezing, doh, hey dummies its skin and eye infections. Virtually all masks due to their one size infects all fit ensures air you are breathing in and exhaling out passes by your eyes, doh. Masks are also the next best place outside a lab in terms of replicating, storing, and transmitting the virus, in fact testing has showed live virus on masks up to seven days after being discarded. Masks need to be treated as a bio-hazard waste. The better fitting and finer weave of the mask only means the finer and further the aerosol plume the virus has to ride on to get to the next person. Even an M95 mask does not stop the virus from passing thru so air that you breath in or out can have the virus in it, sorry but those darn virus bugs are small. A no mask exhale is comprised of heavier particles and therefore does not transmit nor floats as far, a good reason for social distancing and 6ft is about right for a no mask sneeze, you sneezing with a mask on, I want out of the area.

The initial response about masks being ineffective was the correct one. Otherwise it is an easy and effective way of seeing who is listening to the disinformation campaign and enjoying the kool-aide flavor of the day.

big shrek, Dutch, jerry and 2 others like this.