great deal at a yard sale

Discussion in 'General Rifle' started by Link23, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

i went yard sale looking today to hopefully find that "great Deal" well today was the day a Marlin model 88 for $5 yeah you read that right.... FIVE BUCKS

Attached Files:

2. woody1981

woody1981 Love Your Firearms! Forum Contributor

Way to go, $5.00 is a steal.

3. roverboy

roverboy G&G Enthusiast

I've never seen a gun at a yard sale that cheap. About $40 is the cheapest I've seen.

4. Tracer

Tracer G&G Aussie Dad

as AH would say ... you sap sucker. lol, good find

5. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Congrats, that is a heck of a deal, sometimes you are in the right place at the right time, when someone is wanting to get rid of a certain gun.

6. dman24

dman24 G&G Newbie

Nice find. I wish I could find any guns at yard sales.

7. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

8. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i'll give you $50 for it, even drive over to pick it up:)

man that makes me sick i have went with the wife to yard sales in Pulaski county, even around Hazard. all i ever see are somebody elses cast off household do-hicky's. no man toys of any sort:ugh:

9. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Have you tried it out yet? Looks like there's no apparent problems from the pics posted.

10. You Lucky Sap sucker !!! Thats the finest $5.00 22 I ever saw !!! Way to go feller !!!

11. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Wow...lowest I paid was $20 for a beat up Mosin M44 with no matching numbers what so ever...turned around and sold it for $40.

Great buy dude!

12. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

He must have pi$$ed the wife off something fierce to sell the gun for $5!

13. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

I was thinking the same thing.
    Could be that a kid, broke one too many windows!

14. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    We never - well, almost never - see guns at tag sales in this part of the world. The exceptions to that I can remember in two decades of tag-saling were an elderly rich man thinning out his collection - all custom heavy caliber rifles and hand-fitted English shotguns, and none tagged at less than mid-four figures. (And worth every penny; just out of my price range by a factor of ten!)

At another, there were a pair of thoroughly battered to the point of you-couldn't -pay-me-enough-money-to-load-and-fire-them .22 Mo-Skeet-O smoothbore single shot bolt actions the sale operator wanted $75 apiece for. I told her she ought to pay ME $75 and I'd take them off her hands; that in the condition they were in, they were scrap metal.

The third was a sale with a pair of French pinfire revolvers that looked like someone had fished them out of a well after they'd been sitting on the bottom for 20 years. They'd been cleaned up but they were badly pitted inside and out. Strictly wall-hangers. The operator wanted $300 for the pair. She was mightily miffed when she asked what I'd pay for them and I told her, "In the condition these are in, nothing. You can't get pinfire ammo any more and I don't think they're safe to shoot in any case."

We never see guns you could take to the range and shoot at sales around here. You do better shopping the bulleting board at the gun club.

15. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

upon further expection, the marlin is missing the whole trigger assembly other than the trigger its self all of the bolt seems to be there and all the pieces but, then its only the trigger so i gotta order all of that stuff and i dont even know whats missing

16. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie