close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greek HXP British .303

Discussion in 'Enfield Rifles' started by TheJoker, Oct 30, 2014.

1. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Tonight I got home and Ra is all excited about a package dropped off by the FexEx guy. Ra likes FedEx guys. He says they taste just like chicken!
    [​IMG]

I found out that one of this discount catalogs, which will go un-named, was selling Greek HXP .303 pretty cheap(...dang! I mentioned it.). I ordered it and then started reading some very bad reviews.

Well, it arrived today and I was relieved to find it...not perfect...but, decent. A quick sampling from one box shows it all to be 75 head stamped and just some minor spots of corrosion here and there. It is certainly shoot-able and reload-able.

I was going to post more pictures; but, my adobe flash has crashed yet again. I'll do so later.

Has anyone else bought any of this?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-A13480X

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

No, but I heard about it on The High Road. Many there despise CTD, I've never dealt with them. But Greek HXP ammo is good stuff, the CMP has been selling surplus HXP .30-06 M2 ball for years. The HXP .303 from years past has a good reputation, plus it's non corrosive and reloadable. I wish I could pick up about $1000 worth of it!

3. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Dang, Adobe! I'm back. Seems like I have to reload flash a couple of times a week. I wish those morons would get their act together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, I pretty much shoot the CMP's HXP exclusively in my M1s. I just bought two sealed tins in a crate from them.

This stuff appears to be fine.

4. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

Stripper clips are marked BP

5. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Arrrggghhh - I really want a couple cases of that!

6. Laufer

Laufer G&G Enthusiast

Be aware that if you lose a password required for ordering on CTD's website, three attempts over last Saturday and Sunday were useless.
    You enter your e-mail address three times from Sat. through Sunday, yet the CTD computer never sends any password to your e-mail.

Luckily Google produced a valid phone number for them.

7. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Just a reminder that after the 2012 elections and the Newtown fiascao Cheaper Than Dirt were the @$$ wipes that were selling used GI AR15 magazines for $129.99 and selling Federal LC 55gr 5.56x45 ammo @ $2.00 per round. You can reward those backstabbers and buddy phuckers now if you so choose, but I want no part of them and will never spend a dime with them again. They have also morphed part of their operation to the name "Fort Worth Gun" and are located somewhere on Eastchase Parkway in Ft. Worth, but a little research shows that they are part of D. Irwin enterprises. "Mister Irwin" was the one who appeared on Good Morning America defending his price gouging and adverse profit taking after the 1st Obama election.

Be advised that D. Irwin Enterprises, Cheaper Than Dirt, and Fort Worth Gun are one and the same and do not have the best interests of us shooters and firearms enthusiasts and consequently their customer base in mind when executing and formulating their business model... :mad:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Capt.Hotpants and jerry like this.
  8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Greek HXP is mighty good stuff! My Enfields loved it when I had some. I still reload the brass.

9. Capt.Hotpants

Capt.Hotpants G&G Regular

Haven't shopped at CTD since the $100+ USGI mags. Never going to again. They keep sending me catalogs but I don't even open them. Straight to the trash.

That Greek ammo looks very clean. I'd love to know how well it shoots out of a No.5 Mk1.

ChaZam likes this.
  10. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Only Greek stuff I have is a whole ammo can of 30.06 and only like 2 .303 Brits.

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Danged Cheaper Than Dirt won't ship to Tennessee, Georgia, or Alabama, so I don't use them. By the way Cheaper Than Dirt rarely is, and then they rape you on shipping. (I used to use them when I lived in Illinois)