Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! My name is Sergey, I am from Russia from Moscow.
I am fond of shooting and hunting. I started my youtube channel and I want to share with you information about Russian weapons. I would be grateful for your support! You can ask questions. I just started learning English, so don't be too harsh.

Link to my channel.

I study English and will continue to make videos with translation.
Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ammunition is bad. Due to the sanctions, there is practically no more to buy anything. We made import substitution and now everything has become very expensive. In Russia, the ammunition is very poor and unstable. The principle here is such a fly. There is no choice, we use both domestic weapons and ammunition.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Do you shoot Russian cartridges?
I do not have any firearms that are chambered for "Russian" calibers. But some of the members here do.

As for Russian manufactured ammunition - Wolf brand, or Tul - those are in short supply now, along with any ammunition from any source. A lot of people began buying up ammo once the COVID-19 pandemic got going. That, and a crazy political environment has led to people buying up more ammunition. Even reloading supplies are hard to get right now.

·
Registered
20,002 Posts
Prvi Partisan is probably my favorite the last few years. It is clean, consistent, and until the whole world began catching on to it, it used to be almost as cheap as steel-cased garbage ammo. It is still the best bang for the buck.

MFS makes some of the best Makarov and 7.62x39 ammo. It was also sold under the Fiocchi brand name. They got bought out by RAUG a few years back and I haven't seen the 9x18 since the changeover. The Fiocchi looks to be from another manufacturer these days as well. The powder they use smells like burnt wiring, but the ammo is extremely clean and consistent.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Welcome from Alaska Sergey! Yes, it seems the whole world is experiencing a shortage of supplies, not just ammo. I shoot 7.62x54R on occasion, but have been conserving it because it has become unavailable lately. I do have supplies to reload my brass a few times over but prefer to keep my practice going with calibers I have plenty of.

I have fished and rafted in Kamchatka on multiple occasions as well as several coastal Northeastern villages...had a great time. I have been invited back by some friends to accompany them on a hunt and may do so once this COVID scare passes by. I understand and speak enough Russian to hold a decent conversation but my comprehension of Cyrillic is poor. Again, welcome, it's nice to see another member from abroad!

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
Welcome from TX, FL, PA, and all over ! Haven't made it to Moscow yet, but have made several trips across Siberia (in the winter) on the route from LA-HKG (overflying Magadan, Kabrovsk, Petra, etc).

All my Russian stuff is 7.62x39; shoot in SKS and a WASR AK.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Sergei, most of the ammo I have is former satellite ammo, Polish 7.62X25, Czech 7.62X25 and 7.62X54R, East German 7.62X39, Russian 5.45X39. Most of the 9X18 is chicom surplus and Prvi or Brown Bear...

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Welcome to Gun & Game. It's always great to have members from other parts of the world so that we are exposed to some different ideas and facts.
I Still have several Mosin Nagants in my safe and a couple 440 round cans of the 7.62 x 54R surplus ammo 1972 dated I think. I Also have a partial can of the 1946 dated 7.62x 54R surplus ammo on Ishevsk stripper clips.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts