Gun and Game Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
I do not speak any Russian, but I have learned to Read a bit.
I collect old books.
I have a few in Russian, which I have sat down with a translator and went thru.
Still get the words mixed up. I can read it, way better then I can write it. Read at a child's level. (Used my translator for the previous text.)
Have a copy of 'Русские народные сказки " I am Going thru.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Yes, a warm welcome! Thank! In Russia, the laws with weapons are strict. Can only be used for hunting and at special training grounds. Every year the laws are amended, as the state fears for itself. Weapons in Russia are expensive and the quality is poor. Imported weapons are even more expensive, but we do not have repair shops for them. The state supplies its own to the market and makes imports inaccessible. So it is with cartridges. Our gunpowder is disgusting, and there are not many imports, but it is very expensive. We have not developed it as overseas. Only everything is in the bud. But with our laws and policies, it won't go any further. Likewise with hunting, everything is pure commerce.

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
Yes, a warm welcome! Thank! In Russia, the laws with weapons are strict. Can only be used for hunting and at special training grounds. Every year the laws are amended, as the state fears for itself.
That is a common feature of governments; especially old governments. They become fond of power and afraid of losing it. They convince themselves that it is right for them to gather up as much power and possible, to preserve it at all costs (e.g., disarm the citizens) and then exercise that power more and more ruthlessly - because they know what is best for us. They either truly believe it or that is the lie they tell themselves to sleep at night. That sentiment is here, too, but our governments have not yet disarmed us. Much more progress has been made in Canada than in the U.S.A. If they are able to disarm us, we will be like the many countries where good people are kept under control by any means and misery is never far away.

One of my favourite quotations from one of my favourite philosophers, C.S. Lewis. I hope you can translate it:

“Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under the omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber barons cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

It is good to hear from you.

Reactions: Huey Rider

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Hey! My name is Sergey, I am from Russia from Moscow.
I am fond of shooting and hunting. I started my youtube channel and I want to share with you information about Russian weapons. I would be grateful for your support! You can ask questions. I just started learning English, so don't be too harsh.

Link to my channel.

I study English and will continue to make videos with translation.
Thanks for the support!
Welcome! I just subscribed to your Channel (Phoenix Rising), though I don't understand Russian. Always happy to see people from other countries in the forum and getting different perspectives than from here in the states. Have to say I'm quite fond of 7.62x39 and also have a 1943 vintage Mosin Nagant though I don't shoot it much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Now I am looking for a translator for videos. Are you ready to support the project financially?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Besides laws, what kind of reviews would you like to see? Weapons, cartridges, gunpowder, related items? VPO, ORSIS, IZG, maybe Turkish weapons?

61 - 66 of 66 Posts