close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greetings from Florida

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by The_Wardog, May 14, 2017.

1. I've been to their new location once in 2015 before I moved to Fla. It's much improved over their last location, I'm glad for them. The family that runs the shop has had some rough times, but they're all good people, especially Daniel (older gentleman with red hair, basically the general manager). I'm glad to know they were able to relocate and the company is doing better. When their mother died (while I was working there) it seemed the sons were disheartened and ready to close up shop. I've been going there since I was 14 and losing the shop would be losing a piece of Denton.

ChaZam likes this.
  2. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Welcome from the high desert of Southwest Idaho, pull up a fire pit, a cup a" Joe and a tree stump & sit around a spell :usa2:.

3. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Welcome from Kentucky .

4. Welcome from NE Florida/SE Georgia (we live 2 miles on the Fla side).
    Thank you for serving our country.
    I was 5th Infantry Div in Colorado and Vietnam.

neophyte and The_Wardog like this.
  5. Another welcome from North Carolina and a big Thank You for your service.

You'll enjoy being here. G & G really is the friendliest gun forum on the ol' interwebs.

Jaison likes this.
  6. That is PRECISELY why i joined. I've been skulking gun forums for months, but the mosin nagant ones have so many blood-thirsty historical purists that posting there seems to be a vain endeavor. there's a lot less animus here for folks such as myself who are looking to improve their use without damaging historical value.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  7. Oh rest assured, folks here can have their moments. But they're just that...moments...not days long ranting loon fits usually. And then they realize they've had a moment and apologize for their ranting.

The_Wardog likes this.
  8. I expect that anywhere. And I'm great at logical counter arguments, even if the person it's directed at doesn't get it, other readers will. Can't save them all haha.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Sometimes we may joke about some member "altering" a surplus weapon, but it's all in good fun. We do recognise that above all else, it's the owners gun.
    Yep, some of those other forums get really worked up about it.

10. Its all good. I'm not into the bubba-smithing of a firearm. I'm into utilitarian function. Tacticool? Sorry, only zombies I'm preparing for are the left-wingers and antifas running the streets.

ncnascarlady, Big Dog and Jaison like this.
  11. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

Welcome to the neighborhood!!!