Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
Here are a few pic's of the Launcher for the M1 Garand. I hope you enjoy this pic's if so just let me knew via email/PM. Have fun and keep it safe out there.

Warning, before you go to my sites lower your volume as the opening page contains a sound file which has a loading and firing of the M1 Garand. So if you're at work or home it may be wise to check your volume control.
If you need a better copy just email me.
[email protected]
Gentlemen you know what to do. Need a little push in the numbers TIA
Thanks again
Clancy
Looking for Sponsors
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
FSS 90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF
THA 63

·
Registered
886 Posts
eclancy - I remember them well, having used them, quite successfully if I may say so. While I trained with the small grenades (I don't remember the models and numbers), I only used a few when I had to. I did launch quite a few "Energa Rifle Grenades", with direct hits each time.

The Energa Rifle Grenade used the same shaped charge that was used in the 3.5" Rocket, and had a tungsten point that tended to make the Energa Rifle Grenade move to perpendicular to the surface when it struck the target; thus it had maximum penetration. The Energa Rifle Grenade was a HEAT round, and could penetrate the top of any armored vehicle.

`

·
Registered
992 Posts
My nephew does WW2 re-enactments and has a couple of M1 Garands, he has the M7 grenade launcher with the sight that mounts on the left side of the stock. He's looking for the Practice rifle grenades. If anyone knows where to find them, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Otter,
IMPORANT. The dummy Grenades are issued with a SPECIAL BLANK it comes with the Grenade. DO NOT USE BLANKS>
Thanks again
Clancy
ps your posted number Otter is 666 better post another quick.

·
Registered
992 Posts
So far we haven't been able to find any of the practice rifle grenades, I've found some of the MK2 practice grenades and reloaded the fuses with new springs and strikers, but my nephew isn't allowed to use them in re-enactments, display only.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
I just sold one last night for $30.00 brand new complete in the tube. It comes with two blanks for it and was dated 1964 I think. A freind of mine wanted it a few weeks back and just picked it up. Such a deal I gave him.
Sometimes they show up on Gunbroker.com Auctionarms.com and even Ebay. If I see one I will let you know. Rick B

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock Doc,
If you have any more I could use one for my setup. Just let me know
Thanks again
Clancy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts