grenade sights

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by KingMusa45, May 19, 2008.

1. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

how do i remove the grenade sights from my yugo and what tool do i use?

Attached Files:

2. rascaldog

rascaldog G&G Addict

I just picked up one of these also. I don't like the looks of that sight either. I thought about taking a Dremmel tool and cutting it off but leaving the area under the hinge point. Hopefully someone can comment on this. Don't want to mess anything up.

3. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

on my yugo it looks like you can unscrew the nut has two little slots if u can get a tool in there and turn should come apart then remove sight and put bolt back in or if u realy dont want it and that doesent work just cut the sight part around the bolt should look ok

4. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

Avoid cutting if possible! If you cut it up it will decrease its value a lot if you ever decide to sell it! Even if you don't, it won't look good.

5. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

i agree i would never remove mine but i can see why king wants to, looks like it gets in the way of the gas tube rail sight

6. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

it does. i havent shot it yet but i was hoping to in two weeks when i go camping.i was told the sight is fliped up to cut off the gas tube to allow it to operate the grenade launcher attachment that goes onto the end of the barrel.i saw an ak front sight tool that looks like it fits.tomorrow im going to go the store and see if they have one.