Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the Glock grip plugs in some magazines and thought that they may be beneficial to preventing any foreign material from entering the gun. The ad also claimed to aid in rapidly changing magazines. I asked at a local tactical shop and the guy explained that the plugs actually stop the discharge of carbon and are not recommended for those who shoot alot and often due to it creating a dirtier weapon. Does anyone have any experience with these and if so are they more harm than good????...thanks:feedback:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Your local tac-shop guy was either confused about what you were talking about or doesn't know an elephant from a stick up his butt.

I have a grip plug in my G27 and it does exactly what you were mentioning. Plugs up the open part of the grip that has no function whatsoever other than to make the grip the correct size on the outside.

You can see it here behind my Pearce +1 grip extension; it's the little plastic semi-circle:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Your local tac-shop guy was either confused about what you were talking about or doesn't know an elephant from a stick up his butt.

I have a grip plug in my G27 and it does exactly what you were mentioning. Plugs up the open part of the grip that has no function whatsoever other than to make the grip the correct size on the outside.

You can see it here behind my Pearce +1 grip extension; it's the little plastic semi-circle:
I agree with just_a_car. My G26 has a plug. Maybe its just my imagination, but the grip feels a little more solid when I fire.

Just_a_car ~ Does that magazine sleeve fit on your 27 with the plug installed? I've never used one, and it looks like its designed to fit in the space that your plug is already in.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I agree with just_a_car. My G26 has a plug. Maybe its just my imagination, but the grip feels a little more solid when I fire.

Just_a_car ~ Does that magazine sleeve fit on your 27 with the plug installed? I've never used one, and it looks like its designed to fit in the space that your plug is already in.
That's the adapter for G23 and G22 mags to fit G27 guns made by A&G. It fits perfectly with the angles of the bottom of the grip, even with the plug in.

I have two G22 15rd magazines and two A&G adapters for 'em. It's neat to be able to have a 10+1 sub-compact and a 15rd mag as a backup!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Practical reason

If you hold your pistol in your hand (Unloaded!) turn it so you are looking into the magazine well, with a plug in place, you have more contact at the rear in magazine changes.

That helps no end.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am a two Glock house, I got a 23, and a 33. I thought about getting them but not enough to spend money on them. They shoot fine without them they are for looks only.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Mainly to keep dirt and grime out of the firearm. Also, they have some that incorporate little tools in them. One tool stored in it is the little screwdriver for rear sight adjusting. Think there's 2 or 3 total? At least 2 though. If I can remember where I last saw them, oh yea, here it is.

Glock Disassembly Tools - GlockStore.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts