Grips for 480

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by duck223, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Has anyone found more comfortable grips for this revolver.I like shooting it,but it digs into the palm of my left hand.It's too sharp at the butt.I don't have real big hands either.

2. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    A buddy of mine has one and he didn't like the feel of it-when shooting- at first either. He put a set of Hogue grips on it (I helped, it took all of 5 minutes) the day he found a set for sale.He looked all over and finally found some at a little mom and pop gun store. I have yet to shoot it yet with the new grips, but he loves them. I think the over all feel of just holding the gun has improved. I think they were pretty cheap too, like 20-30 dollars.
    -HTH.....if I had a .480, I would put a set on.

3. Thanks AR-TIM,I've heard either Hogue,or Pachmyr are a good choice,can't find a web-site that sells either.

4. Hey AR-TIM,I went to http://www.midwayusa.com and seen the Hogue grips for the SRH,and gp100.They were soft rubber and had finger grooves.Do you think they would be hard on the knuckles?It's the only ones they had for that gun.

5. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    From what I can tell from the picture, those are the ones my buddy put on his .480. He has never complained about the grips since he has put them on. I actually liked the feel of the "finger grooves" that they have formed into them. If you do buy them and don't like them, the are pretty cheap and I am sure you could always re-sell them at your next local gun show. I would give them a try.

6. jrc

jrc G&G Newbie

Hogue Soft Rubber Grips are great on a SRH. The finger grooves are the standard, but I believe you can get them without grooves.

Their web site is: http://www.getgrip.com/

Their 800 number is also on their site.

They are very comfortable and no sharp areas. My wife has small hands and can easily fitre both my SRH and GP100 using them. I believe they retail for 21.95. By the way, Midway USA, I believe has a $4.00 fee if you spend less than $40.00 on a purchase.

7. I was also looking for the pachmyr decelerators,but I couldn't find them for the S.R.H.Anyone know where to get them?

8. jrc your right about the small handling fee at midway,I buy there a lot, but it's 50.00.They are great people to work with,I can't say enough good things about the way they do business.

9. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Did you ever buy the grips for your .480? How do you like them? Just curious....

10. Haven't bought them yet,I was trying to find if I could compare them to the decellarotars made by Pachmyr.So far I don't think they make them for the SRH.