close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

group gripper

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jack O, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Has anyone used a Group Gripper It's sold by Wilson Combat. Any feed back positive or other wise will be welcomed. I'm thinking of buying one for my 1911 and would like to know if and how well it works.TIA :target:

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Jack, I have one on my Gold Cup. It really does help accuracy. Guns Magazine claims that it is the best 'drop-in' accuracy improver you can buy for a 1911 pistol. Maybe someone else can give you more information than that. I personally think that it is definately worth the money. Good Shooting! Eric

3. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

Jack O,
    "Group-Gripper" seems to work well to tighten groups in a 1911 that doesn't have a good "smith-fitted" barrel. I traded into a 1911 that had a Group-Gripper installed and had no complaints. HOWEVER, I felt that for DEFENSE use, the Group-Gripper should be removed, as it is just more small parts and a spring that could conceiveably go wrong and gum up the works.
    My thought in a defense gun is "the simpler and less parts, the better". Just my thoughts and HUMBLE opinion.

Jeffro (Jeff)

4. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    I admit these things do add a little spring. Its really only the one extra part (you need a barrel link and spring guide anyway). The thing is, the improvement that little spring makes is pretty impressive. My Norinco 1911 was never much of anything to brag about. Since I put in the group gripper, it shoots about as well as any 1911 i've ever seen.

later,
    AJ

5. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Sold one Group Gripper coming to Jack O's house. As far as the defense gun I carry my Makorov. I'm an electrician so I don't want to carry anything as nice as my 1911 around. The poor little Mak. has taken a beating and pulled me through a few tough spots. Around the house out here in the country I my 357 mag 686 4'' S&W there's critters in them there woods. To all that posted thanks and I wish you the best from the south of Alabama.