close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guess theses people are just gun nuts.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 11, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
    -Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi, Gandhi, An Autobiography, M. K. Gandhi, page 446.

"Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise violence." ~ Mohatma Gandhi

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
    It is our job to see that it stays there."
    ~ GEORGE ORWELL

"The NRA is right...handgun controls do little to stop criminals from obtaining handguns."
    ~ Josh Sugarmann, executive director of the Violence Policy Center

"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
    ~ Jesus Christ [Luke 22:36]

"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins."
    ~ Sammy "the Bull" Gravano

"......Certainly, the intrinsic value of life and the duty to love oneself no less than others are the basis of a true right to self-defense ... legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for someone responsible for another's life, the common good of the family or of the State. Unfortunately, it happens that the need to render the aggressor incapable of causing harm sometimes involves taking his life. In this case, the fatal outcome is attributable to the aggressor whose actions brought it about, even though he may not be morally responsible because of a lack of the use of reason."
    ~ Pope John Paul II, Encyclical Letter from 1995, EVANGELIUM VITAE

:nod:

2. Nice quotes! from a little different direction than usual. Great!

I especially liked the Gandi quotes.

Gonna steal one for my signature.

3. florgy

florgy G&G Newbie

All are great quotes. However, the one liner taken from Luke 22:36 is misleading. It has nothing to do with arms, self defense or otherwise. Read 22:37 and it pretty much explains why Christ was telling his followers to obtain swords.
    I particularly like the one from Freud. The liberals hate that one, bad.
    Alot of people think that Ghandi was some kind of ***** pacifist. He was actually a very dedicated Indian nationalist who realized the futility of armed conflict with the British empire. That's why he felt that passive resistence and force of numbers would be more effective. Immovable object vs. Irresistable force type of thing. Regards.

4. Dito on the sayings I love them. I'm gona swipe the Frued one for my signature been looking for a good one thanks.

5. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

great post doglips, I really like Ghandis statement(NRA forever)