Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with the fun happening with mom's dog, something weird happened. I offered to let go of my Glock fund again, this time to help pay for the dog's treatment. Mom denied my offer rather strongly, stating I'd been saving and re-saving for too long... and today was the day to let it go for what it was meant for. She actually pushed me out the door.

I am officially lost to the dark side.

Picked up my first Glock. Got the 21SF. Nothing fancy, just standard sights and all. But I've decided I am not leaving it factory like I've done with the rest of my guns. It'll be some time doing what I want (especially considering I had forgotten to set aside some money for ammo, can I get a collective DUH?!) but I want to put on the extended slide release, some fiber optic sights with tritium included, and maybe next year my birthday gift to myself will be a light for that rail.

So, lots of firsts here: first Glock, first .45, first plastic gun, first striker fired gun, first gun with a rail. I'm happy. Thanks for pushing me out the door to go get it finally, mom! ;)

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
If I bought my wife Tupperware on her B-Day, she'd kick my A**! :D I'm not a "Grock" fan, but if you're happy, I'm happy! Congrats!

·
Wonderment :)
34,693 Posts
Ma'am; you said nothing 'fancy':34: Ma'am you have got to fooling us:) It's a Glock:09: It will not come in
with a 'bow' unless the 'beau' gets it for you:)
Ma'am you must do a 'range report' with all the 'warts':)

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
SuckLead welcome to the world of Glock...You have an excellent new pistol that will serv you well for years to come.
Be Proud and become profisiant with it...You have a nice gun !!!...A.H

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I have never owned a Glock either but my friends who have them love them. I'm glad you got it. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it's getting a trial by fire, so to say, tonight. I discovered rather by accident this morning that my Sig and my Glock will both fit into the Galco holster I bought for the Sig some years ago. I have it resting in there now as it is a touch longer in the barrel than the Sig and the thumb break has a tough time catching, so I'm hoping a few hours of it being closed over the Glock will help out tonight. But I guess the thing stretched enough over years of abuse that it'll take it now. So the Glock will be coming along tonight as my weapon of choice for an IDPA match. Yes, I scored some ammo this afternoon. :)

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Nice, quality firearms. I am uncomfortable with the blockiness of a glock in my hands. I would buy one were it not for that goofy feeling...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I've always hated how Glocks feel in my hands, and how they look so blocky...

But I must say, that one looks pretty slick! Let us know how she shoots...although since it's a glock, we probably know the answer. It shoots :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congratulations on your first fire-breathin' plastic hand cannon, Sucklead! Sounds like it's been a long time coming for you. Smart move on picking a model that has the rail system.

I had a glock 31 (.45 caliber) and loved it...until I picked up an XD for the first time last year. I now have two XD's in its' place, one in 9mm and one in .45. They both put together some nice groups and are more comfortable to shoot than the Glock. I paid the same for each of the XD's as I did the Glock, but they came with a holster, two mags, a mag holder, lock, speed loader and cleaning brush. You can also opt for the light attachment instead. I went ahead and bought the lights as well, plus tritium sights. :smirk: My Glock came with an extra mag, a case, and a sticker. LOL.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You have a fine pistol there. I am thinking about getting a short frame 21 for my next pistol. I just bought Glock # 5 a few weeks ago. I love them! Funny thing about Glocks is they go bang every time you pull the trigger. I kinda like that!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I don't own a Glock, I don't own a semi automatic pistol, I don't like them period!
Give me a Six-gun, or a revolver with five chambers and I'm one happy man!
But then to each his/her own.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
WARNING !!!! Ms SuckLead when your new Glock is in that Holster you told us about can you see the Trigger of the Gock ???
If you can then an accident is waiting to happen !!! When you pull the trigger of a Glock your also releasing the safty as you well know.
If some one picks up your Glock or a child runs up to you when your wearing it and grabs it you know what can happen BOOOM.
Please find another holster that totaly covers the trigger. :kiss:...A.H

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
WARNING !!!! Ms SuckLead when your new Glock is in that Holster you told us about can you see the Trigger of the Gock ???
If you can then an accident is waiting to happen !!! When you pull the trigger of a Glock your also releasing the safty as you well know.
If some one picks up your Glock or a child runs up to you when your wearing it and grabs it you know what can happen BOOOM.
Please find another holster that totaly covers the trigger. :kiss:...A.H
Wasn't listening to that part before but, well put.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, it sunk all the way in, trigger was covered. Believe me, I checked. I don't like the trigger showing in holsters, so it's the first thing I check.

Although... yeah, it doesn't really fit in that holster. LOL! I really did a number on my time tonight at the match. It was a real pain getting it out of that holster, and after the first match I had to uncant the holster, which I'm not used to, because I wasn't grabbing the gun right. So the gun ended up in my armpit. I had better time at my first match with my revolver. So that was a sad state of affairs, that was. Blew my first stage all to hell, I probably just should have gone home and practiced instead of continuing on, but I kept at it anyway.

I have to put the Sig away for a while if I want to master this gun. Realized that pronto. The first time I pulled it from the holster, I grabbed it the way I would grab my Sig, which is fine for the Sig but puts my hand in the wrong place on the Glock. So I'm going back to basics and practicing drawing from the holster again as well as accuaring my target. And the fine men at the match who all have Glocks gave me some things to try and practice to improve with handling it and getting out of Sig mode.

The gun did wonderful. Went bang every time, that's for sure. Easy to line up the sights. I just need to get it a proper holster all its own, practice drawing, practice shooting it a bit, and get used to the round itself. The first time I pulled the trigger I hit dead center but it took me a second to regroup my brain so my second shot went way high and earned me a penalty. I also have to spend some quality time with it on my hip. After five years of having either that Sig or that big old revolver on my hip weighing my belt down almost daily it feels way bizarre to have that Glock on my hip. I have entered a whole new world apparently.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts