close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Control Facts

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Gun Control Facts

99.6% of all firearms will NEVER be used to commit a crime
    firearms are used for self defense about 2.5 million times per year
    handguns are used for self defense about 1.9 million times per year
    The number of deaths from firearm accidents is now the lowest since 1930
    If all states adopted right to carry permits in 1992, 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, and over 60,000 aggrevated assaults would have been avoided yearly.
    Assault rifles account for less than 1% of homocides each year
    BATF denys less than 0.75% of handgun applicants
    After England imposed it's strict gun laws, there murder rate doubled, while other nations rates' rose very little
    Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals than do police each year (1,527 to 606). Less than 2% of these shootings involved an innocent person mistaken for a criminal. The "error rate" for police, however, was 11%
    32% of attempted rapes are actually committed. If the woman is armed only 3% of the attempts are successful
    More police officers are killed with thier own firearms than by assault rifles.
    Former Florida Attorny General Jim Smith said that police only responded to about 200,000 of the 700,000 calls for help made to the Dade County authorities. When asked why so many citizens were buying guns, he responded, "They **** well better be, they've got to protect themselves."
    Accidental gun deaths among children have declined by over 50% in 25 years, even though the polulation (and the gun stock) has increased.
    Women use guns to protect themselves against sexual assault as much as 561 times a day

Quotes

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people...To disarm them is the best way to enslave them." George Mason
    "Arms discourage and keep invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in a world as well as property. Horrid mischief would ensue were citizens deprived the use of them." Thomas Paine
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peacable citizens from keeping thier own arms." Samuel Adams
    "The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison.
    "A milita...are all the people themselves, and include all men capable of bearing arms. To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always posses arms, and be toughtalike, especially when young, how to use them...the mind that aims at a select militia must be enfluenced by a truly anti-republican principle" Richard Henry Lee
    "Both the oligarch and Tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." Aristotle
    "If I were an American, as I am an Englishman, while a foreign troop was landed in my country, I never would lay down my arms-- never --never--never!" William Pitt
    "They (US Veterans) fought and risked thier lives and saw thier freinds die for the fundamental rights shared by every American and in hope of preserving and passing those rights on to thier children. To them and to me, not one of our civil liberties is more important than the right to keep and bear arms. I caution you: please don't tamper with that individual common law, constitutionally protected right of Americans, because they take it very seriously." Statement of Neal Knox (Dir. of Firearms Coalition) to the House of Representatives During the Assault Weapons Act hearings, 1989.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

GUN CONTROL IS HITTING WHAT YOU AIM AT!

3. JohnD

JohnD Member

You have to disarm the people to gain total dictatorship and controll. Hittler did it, so did the russians. And about every other dictatorship and such.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Gun Control and Facts are oxymoronic.

5. None of this matters. People will not let facts get in the way of thier pre-concieved Ideas.