close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

gun grabbers at it again

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Shaun, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Well it seems our gun grabbing Federal lawmakers are at it again -- this bill could put all of us in some pain in buying our ammo or in my case selling it

HR 4101 IH 107th CONGRESS 2d Session H. R. 4101 To amend title 18, United States Code, to require firearms, ammunition, and explosives purchases to be made in person and to require records to be kept of the means by which the purchases are made. IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES APRIL 9, 2002 Mr. CROWLEY (for himself, Mr. WEXLER, Mr. GEORGE MILLER of California, Mr. ENGEL, Mr. MORAN of Virginia, Mr. CAPUANO, Mr. MCGOVERN, Mrs. MCCARTHY of New York, Mr. BLAGOJEVICH, Mr. CLAY, and Ms. WOOLSEY) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary A BILL To amend title 18, United States Code, to require firearms, ammunition, and explosives purchases to be made in person and to require records to be kept of the means by which the purchases are made. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of
    Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE. This Act may be cited as the `Electronic Commerce Crime Prevention and Protection Act'. SEC. 2. EQUIREMENT THAT FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, AND EXPLOSIVES PURCHASES BE MADE IN PERSON; ECORDATION OF THE MEANS BY WHICH THE PURCHASES ARE
    MADE. (a) FIREARMS- Section 922(t) of title 18, United States Code, is amended-- (1) in paragraph (1)-- (A) by striking `and' at the end of subparagraph (B)(ii); (B) by striking the period at the end of subparagraph (C); and (C) by adding at the end the following: `(D) any thing of value accepted by the licensee in exchange for the firearm is presented in person by the transferee at the time of the transfer.'; and (2) in paragraph (4), by inserting `and a detailed description of any thing of value accepted by the licensee in exchange for the firearm' before the period. (b) AMMUNITION- (1) IN GENERAL- Section 922 of such title is amended by inserting after subsection (y) the following: `(z)(1) It shall be unlawful for a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to sell
    ammunition to a person not licensed under this chapter unless any thing of value accepted by the licensee in exchange for the ammunition is presented in person by the transferee at the time of the transfer. `(2) A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer who sells ammunition to a person not licensed under this chapter shall include in the record of the transfer a detailed description of any thing of value accepted by the licensee in exchange for the ammunition.'. (2) PENALTIES- Section 924(a)(5) of such title is amended by striking `or (t)' and inserting `, (t), or (z)'. (c) EXPLOSIVES- Section 842 of such title is amended-- (1) in subsection (f), by inserting `, and a detailed description of any thing of value accepted by the licensee or permittee in exchange for any explosive materials so distributed' before the period at the end of the 1st sentence; and (2) by adding at the end
    the following: `(q) It shall be unlawful for a licensee or permittee knowingly to sell any explosive materials to any transferee who is
    not a licensee or permittee, unless any thing of value accepted by the licensee or permittee in exchange for the explosive materials is presented in person by the transferee at the time of the transfer.'.:fuss:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2002
  2. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

That just reeks!

Paranoia will destroy ya!

why is everyone so afraid? I really cannot understand why.

They should look at Britian and ask themselves why is their crime so high, why can't you walk down a street in London without getting mugged. Heck London passed NY as the city most likely to get mugged or assaulted.

Hope it doesn't pass, will contact my rep and give my 2 cents!!

Thanks Shaun!

3. MikeC

MikeC G&G Newbie

Are any of these morons up for re-election?? IF so, can we find out who is opposing them? If we send these fools opponents $10 each and write these morons a letter telling them "thank you we just supported your opponent", they might think. For a total of $20 each, we might be able to adjust their attitude.

4. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I'm writng my congressmen first thing in the morning. Enough of this crap is enough.....

:assult:

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I'm getting real tired of having to write or call these morons all the time,but,they won't give-up and I won't either.

6. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

its 1:56 am or 0156 military, either way i can't make sense of all that gobblydegook legal jargon. but from what i can make out part of this is to reinstate the ammo record keeping once required by the Gun Control Act of 1968. was useless then and is useless now also if i read it right wouldn't this eliminate mailorder ammo sales, and make us order thru an FFl again, like we had to to under the GCA of 1968???:confused: :rolleyes: :mad: :target:

7. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

yes thats exactly the meaning of the bill lets hope it doesn't pass

8. Cuzzin Mitch

Cuzzin Mitch G&G Newbie

Well cuzzins, our government don't give a rat's behind about crime statistics one way or t'other.
    They could care less if we as private citizens
    are able or not to protect ourselves from lowlife scumbags who would rather rob, rape or murder than to act and conduct themselves in a sane,civilized manner.Crime ain't the thing.It's
    the whole world's "New Order" Governments in cahoots w/each other to subjegate their respective citizenry.(That should read:United Nations)
    What Big Brother wants is to take away our means of uprising and overthrowing them by force once we as a people have had enough of their Bullshit.
    They ain't listenin' ta you an me cuzzins, they are listenin' ta the head turds of tha large corporations and heads of other countries when they pass tha laws nowadays. It ain't our votes thats gets'em elected er voted out, it's BIG MONEY
    contributions made by the Head Turds of other countries an big business a tryin ta further their own agendas.And that agenda is..............prevent tha masses from bein able ta do any thing bout their reprehensible bullshit.
    The only thing we can do now cuzzins is buy all the guns an ammo ya kin afford an stockplie it so's when the Blue Helments from tha U.N.shows up ta enslave us into their NEW World Order, we kin at least show em how tha cabbage is cut the same way our forefathers showed the Brits in 1776.Sorry bout tha French words cuzzins,but this subject got yer ol cuzzin's dander up.Too late ta change things now cuzzins.
    Stock up while ya still got tha chance.They WILL be comin.........sooner er later. I kin guarantee it.Political correctness is fer them pink pantie wearin,tree huggin,ultra liberal gun n ammo grabbin fools what can't see any further than tha noses on their self satisfied pinched up faces.Not me by a long shot!!Later, yer ol cuzzin Mitch.

9. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

House Resolution 4010 without all the bullxxxt

HR4101 is typical of legal mumbojumbo B.S. Since a high percentage of politicians are lawyers with at least seven years of higher education, they should be able to communicate to the public better than this cxxp.

I think a big part of this resolution is designed to confuse those who may offer any opposition. They would like to keep us in the dark and tell us what's happened.

Here's House Resolution 4101 without all the other bullxxxt. They're wrong this time.

"H.R.4101...would require firearms, ammunition and explosives purchases to be made in person and to require records to be kept of the means by which the purchases are made."

Oxford:fuss: :assult: