Gun Kits?????????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

I keep seeing these "kits" for a lot of firearms...primarly they have all the parts but a demilled (BATF approved cuts in the reciever) reciever....now I am not into gunsmithing...and dont realy want an illeagle Class 3 in the house.... but I still feel like Im missing something with these "almost complete" firearms...most appear to be sub machine gun designs..... some simi auto stuff.

What am I missing? Are they that easy to "fix"...ie make working?
    I know you still have to have an FFL 01 to get the recievers so whats the scam?

I dismissed these as some gimmic on a few flyers but im seeing them more and more and the prices are pretty high $100-400 so I dont see people buying them to put on a wall?

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

we Americans will by anything. you can assemble them as a display only piece with a proper BATF approved dummy receiver. the receiver that comes with them has major chunks cut out and missing. of course a competent machinist with the blueprints could make a receiver. but then what??? would be hard to shoot with out drawing attention. course you can always hide it for the SHTF day when it happens.:rolleyes: :D

3. I see these a lot in shotgun news, Fal parts kit, then 5 or 10 pages later, Fal imbel recievers, for example.
    I wonder what's going on??

-Jesse

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

FAL parts kits are for assembling or repairing legal semi-auto or registered full-auto rifles, as are G3, CETME, AK, M1 Garand, M1 Carbines, and others. There are even some semi-auto conversion parts available for some formerly full-auto stuff.