close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun malfunctions

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MessedUpMike, Jul 3, 2002.

1. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok guys got a cycling problem I need help with. Went out and shot tonight and had some sort of fail to fire every twentieth round (loaded 20 in 30rnd mag.). Had two Fail to cycles, where to bolt stayed open, but did knock the round out of the magazine, had one round get stuck between the bolt and the bottom of the upper receiver (?) where the bullet simply compressed down into the case (live round obviously I didn’t try to shoot it again), and a final bent round between the &^#*% bolt carrier and chamber AGAIN!.
    I believe that the bent round was a magazine problem however I am at a loss as to what is causing the rest of these malfunctions. Is this all a magazine issue? Is it a cleaning issue? Operator error? I also sent about 50 rounds out with my clinTEN round mag and had no problems at all.

Mike
    :confused:

2. Not sure --but might be a weak mag spring. What kind of firearm?
    Look I am just guessing, but do not leave your mags loaded for any period of time. It will weaken the spring.

3. It's an Oly Car-97, not even 6mos old. H-Bar colt carbine clone for you military types. Am using new Victor(junk) mags. one mag was of unknown manufacture, probaly victor to, didn't have any problems with the factory (10) mag. Mags have only been loaded for shooting. Id have my wife use it for home defense but $700.00 is to much money for a club.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Sounds like weak ammo or clogged gas port. I do not think the bolt is retracting quite far enough. Do any of theses problems occur when you manually cycle the action?

5. I'm using Remnigton UMC .223, it feeds in my buddy's Bushmaster fine. Has anyone else had problems with this ammo?

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    It really does sound like the mags. The new 'green' followers that you can buy separate now are supposed to alleviate that problem. before trying anything else, get a thirty rounder with green follower, just before you start firing put a light coat of WD-40 on your bolt/carrier. That should solve your problems...and cheap too! Good Shooting.

7. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

Stick with USGI mags .

Wyr
    God Bless

8. Rocklobster

Rocklobster G&G Newbie

Yep, that'll do it.

9. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    Sounds like just what the guys are saying --- mag trouble.