Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read article in last weeks local news paper that in January 2021 gun sales more than 4.3 million guns were sold. Cherokee Scout news paper Cherokee County N. Carolina Wednesday Feb 10, 2021. page 7A. I'm sure that contributes to ammo shortages.

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
I am not one to fully believe in ammo shortage because of many more gun buyers. Many new gun buyers dont buy stashes of ammo after buying a gun. I know many people and even relatives that own one to a couple weapons. They only keep a box or two of ammo for protection if needed. This ammo shortage question is a daily thing on all of the sporting sites now it seems. I am thinking the Biden Clan are hoping to make money on us if they push a fee on us owners. They dont really care if we keep buying at all. They are looking how to capitalize on it. They know and will try soon to impose their gun owner fees. I think all the first time gun owners are worried about unstableness in this country and maybe protection for riots. Maybe they dont trust our government and getting ready. To each their own.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Read article in last weeks local news paper that in January 2021 gun sales more than 4.3 million guns were sold. Cherokee Scout news paper Cherokee County N. Carolina Wednesday Feb 10, 2021. page 7A. I'm sure that contributes to ammo shortages.
I have read pretty much the same thing, many of the buyers are first time buyers so it will put somewhat of a burden on the ammo supply.

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
If there are 8,000,000 (8 million) more gun owners and they buy 100 rds of ammo for their new gun that is 8M X 100 = 800 Million rounds of ammo off the shelves...this is sizable sum yet I have to agree with Rando, most new owners do not stash ammo....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am thinking the Biden Clan are hoping to make money on us if they push a fee on us owners. They dont really care if we keep buying at all. They are looking how to capitalize on it.
I don't think they care less about making money off guns fees. They can create all the money they want, as in trillions just lately. They want to make firearms unaffordable to the common person. Only then will the wealthy and elite have guns. This is always how it happens in history. It also divides the gun owners. Most of the ones who can afford them after the fees will not care about the ones who can't afford them. It's not really money they want, but total control. We either learn from history or repeat it. We will repeat it surely - sadly. Con-spear-ass-e theory? I think not, as we have history as proof. Total power corrupts totally. Take a look around......

·
Premium Member
15,097 Posts
Back many moons ago, you couldn’t find a box of 22’s. Yes, people are hoarding again. Not too long ago you couldn’t find toilet paper. Anyone here want to tell me that Americans were pooping more? Let me ask you all a question. If you can sell a box of ammo for three times what you could just a year ago, why would you load up all the retailers with an abundance of ammo, brass, primers, gunpowder, and bullets? Looking right now at a box of 303 British that sold for $20.99. You can bet that we won’t see those prices again. Whatever the customer will bear. Tired of high prices? Quit buying it!

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
I don't think they care less about making money off guns fees. They can create all the money they want, as in trillions just lately. They want to make firearms unaffordable to the common person. Only then will the wealthy and elite have guns. This is always how it happens in history. It also divides the gun owners. Most of the ones who can afford them after the fees will not care about the ones who can't afford them. It's not really money they want, but total control. We either learn from history or repeat it. We will repeat it surely - sadly. Con-spear-ass-e theory? I think not, as we have history as proof. Total power corrupts totally. Take a look around......
The government is hurting for money. It has been discussed on here before. Our deficit is so far that we could never catch up now. They are printing this stimulus money alone and has no value or backing actually. Just printed fake money and the government is basically broke. No better way to make quick trillions making every gun owner pay the $200 tax on each handgun , assault rifle or whatever . Many people would not pay but many will cave in and pay. A registry with a fee sounds good and would bring in tons of money Maybe. Would it work. Not if you depend on me to pay them. A registry fee is not good no matter what on a federal level. May not sound bad for the one gun guy. Now what about the collectors that have dozens. Will they obey. Hell no I doubt it ever. The government will never deter the population from buying firearms. Tthey are the best sales pitch out there at this time. This is why people are grabbing what is left to find that dont have something and are first time buyers. They simply dont trust the Biden Administration. Can you blame them with what they have been spouting of the past several months.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I think the $200 "transfer tax" is intended to overburden gun owners and bog down the BATFE with endless paperwork. The intent is to get people to just surrender their property because they don't have the money and don't have the time.
I will guess that gunowners will have to turn over their weapons to police for "safekeeping" while the paperwork is processed.
Interestingly, we will have to pay a transfer tax and file paperwork just to "transfer" our property back to ourselves.

Sadly, I do not believe our Republicans in DC will help much. Certainly not the one from Maine - Susan Collins.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess my final thought would be "It's not like it use to be". Our government can print any amount of money they want and they do. It just makes our money worth less. Over the past 100+ years the value of the dollar has gone from 100 cents to around 3 cents or less. Where has that value gone? Use to be the husband worked only and made plenty for a family of 4 or 5. How about now? Again, where has that value/money gone? Truth is we have been robbed blind. Just a couple families on this earth have more wealth the the rest of the entire population put together. The government does not "need" our money, it's just a show. They "want" and lust for all our money to control us and give us what they "feel" we need. The old vision of America being trustworthy and great.......Well, that's just a pipe dream at the moment. It has been a sad affair to watch during my life. WE either change it, or our children and grand children have no future period. Just my opinion and not the views of this forum. We'll be right back after this commercial break......... ;);) BTW - Funny thing is these families are not even listed on the "list" of most wealthy people. Ever ask yourself why? Find out why! To finish the job, they need most firearm owners to give up and turn n their guns.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Well put Uberti. Plus always another generation down the road to get screwed for excesses. Concerned more for them than me at my age. Could pay dearly down the road for sure. Shutting down pipelines? What the hell for? Bet we will all see $3.25 per gallon this summer!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well put Uberti. Plus always another generation down the road to get screwed for excesses. Concerned more for them than me at my age. Could pay dearly down the road for sure. Shutting down pipelines? What the hell for? Bet we will all see $3.25 per gallon this summer!
I would not be surprised if it is in the $4-$5 per gallon range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts