Gun shop report

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Sep 6, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Ok, I just went to the gun shop in a nearby town, and got a good look at most of the pistols discussed in my previous posts.

For those still curious about the Springfield XD pistols, I found them to be built as much like Glocks as I could possibly imagine, except that they had a grip safety. The lack of a selectable safety excludes them from my consideration along with Glock.

I got to look at some Glocks too and to my surprise found that all the newer models seemed to include an accessory rail. Does anyone know if that is standard on all new Glocks?

Another thing I concluded from my examinations was that the polymer frame is not my cup of tea. Something about it seemed to want to slide right out of my hand. I'm fine with most synthetic stocks, and synthetic grips on other pistols, but the frame polymer is not for me.

So that leaves 1911, Para Ord, Beretta, and Browning in the running, none of which I picked up.

2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Kimber 1911A1..or the Browning (watch out for "Slide Bite")

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Slide bite? I know the slide comes back and to keep far away from it.

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Yes, the new Glocks all have the rail. Given what you've said, get a Kimber. I own one, and love it. It's just a little bit big for me to conceal.