Gun Show Finds today and RARE Guard {see photo's}

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I got lucky and found a few things for $15.00 each. Can anyone tell me what the rare funny looking Rear guard is? There are two photo's of it. The other guard is a No Clearance cut rear and the Sight is a early SA Checkered with pinion for $15.00.
    I would say I made out quite well and can triple my money if not a bit more for each item. Lesson is keep those eyes opened theres gold in them thare hill's. Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2002
  2. Eric

Eric Guest

Heck, I don't know. But I already figured out that God loves you. Good job on the parts.

Hey, you wouldn't know where I could find a trigger housing (complete) that would match my rifle do you? (SA Feb/42)

3. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I seen all the parts that go in yours at the show today. I also passed on two hammers with extra holes which are the first ones. They wanted $45.00 each and I bet on Ebay I would have doubled that maybe more with the crazy bidding there. I didn't buy them since I wasn't sure what they honestly were worth but I bet more than that. Rick

4. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

Very good buy!

5. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

That speckled hand guard is BEECH I have never seen one like this with the big speckles. I heard of them and have a few fronts but never a rear. I always hear of people looking for them but couldn't find one until now. Keep those eys open. Rick B

Last edited: Jul 1, 2002
  6. shaddownone

shaddownone Guest

looks like my dane stocks

The hand guard looks like the wood used for the dane but stock on my M1. How does Beech hold up to abuse the rest of the rifle was built for ? :rolleyes:

7. Riccardo

Riccardo Guest

Ciao Rick,

I think the handguard it is Italian made, it is a typical beech wood, you can find Breda or Beretta M1 with this type of wood. It is a quite ugly wood but very strong.

Ciao Riccardo