Gun and Game Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
First time I clicked on this thread, was today.
After reading the op comment, now I kind wish I didn't.

I see ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, for this language to start a paragraph.
WHAT THE F*CK is everyone's problem with these guns?
Punk talking privately, to someone that talks that way, maybe.
But you do NOT, use it in a public forum!
It is far more disrespectful, then someone dissing your gun!
Almost feel like I need a shower now.

As for the rest of the post about High Points.
I don't own one, but I have shot them.
But, the just don't "feel" right to me.
My Son bought a used one, for $75.00, & 2 boxes of ammo.
And we used it, for punching holes in our burn barrels.

I don't cut anyone down, for owning any certain gun.
I prefer revolvers, & levers. ( all brands)
That's my choice, no ones gonna change.
I TEASE folks with Blocks. (oops, I mean Glocks).
And folks with Mater stakes. (oops, I mean Mosins)
But I let them know, I am teasing & joking. (right JLB & Tman)

We still have the RIGHT to CHOOSE, our gun purchases.
No matter what brand they are.

ANY gun, is better then NO gun!
Enjoy your gun rights.
But, you can keep the foul language to yourself! :irked:

That rattle is from the firing pin, which does double duty as the ejector. If you gentle pull back the slide and look inside, you see that after a certain point, the firing pin starts to stick out, in order to push out the spent round. When uncocked and unloaded, it basically bounces back and forth in its little channel.
Thanks for the explanation!
I can't envision how that works, but the next one that crosses my path will get a really good "look over" so I can see what you're talking about.

Regarding my earlier post, I hope nobody took that as me slamming this particular make/model. It was a recount of my personal experience and that's all.

A friend let me try his High Point a while back. It was a 9mm. I loaded 3 magazines with a mix of cast lead reloads, ball, and HP ammo. It fed all three flawlessly. It was not pretty, I didn't like the feel of it in my hand, but if it were all that I had available (for whatever reason) to defend the things that are precious to me, it would do the job.

A friend let me try his High Point a while back. It was a 9mm. I loaded 3 magazines with a mix of cast lead reloads, ball, and HP ammo. It fed all three flawlessly. It was not pretty, I didn't like the feel of it in my hand, but if it were all that I had available (for whatever reason) to defend the things that are precious to me, it would do the job.
cheap ugly and they work.
i have fired both the carbine (ugly as sin) and the pistol (just normal ugly)
they both worked just fine.

The one that belongs to the nephew had problems. I couldn't say what, since it wasn't problematic when I last saw it. He sent it back to Hi-Point and they did take care of it quickly (on their dime). I still don't understand what was wrong with it (and he's not really a "gun guy", so he didn't explain it well enough for me to understand).
I'll post the text conversation, and see if anybody here can make heads or tails out of it:

Me: So what did the smith/tech say was wrong? Did they send you something back in writing?
Him: No writing. The slide was hit on the back pushing the hold opened through the top of the frame. They replaced everything except the slide body and serial number. Shoots good now, but I don't think I'm going to keep it.

I don't understand any of that ^.

As I sit here, examining my own Hi-Point C9, the best I can give you would be that the last round hold open mechanism that's inside of the pistol grip & magazine well, under the left side grip panel, perforated the top of the frame, but I don't see how that could possibly happen, especially since it sounds like they didn't replace the frame. I'm assuming that's what he meant by "slide body and serial number" Anyways, if he doesn't want it, you should take it off of his hands. :wink1: The rest of us know how great these guns are, even if he doesn't.

Thanks for the explanation!
I can't envision how that works, but the next one that crosses my path will get a really good "look over" so I can see what you're talking about.

Regarding my earlier post, I hope nobody took that as me slamming this particular make/model. It was a recount of my personal experience and that's all.
Jet, also take a look at the safety/slide lock. Mine has a rattle to it also and I pulled the left grip to find that the safety moves around a bit. It does still function fine tho.

For those who say HP's are ugly, you are right, but remember most guns are ugly till they save the life of you or your loved ones. Then they are the prettiest thing in the world.

By the way, my 12 year old grandson loves to shoot my HP. Next time I am going to take my "junk" Para out for him to shoot. I take no offense at anyone criticizing my choice of firearms by the way. To each his own

I'll post the text conversation, and see if anybody here can make heads or tails out of it:

Me: So what did the smith/tech say was wrong? Did they send you something back in writing?
Him: No writing. The slide was hit on the back pushing the hold opened through the top of the frame. They replaced everything except the slide body and serial number. Shoots good now, but I don't think I'm going to keep it.

I don't understand any of that ^.

Ok - I will go real s l o w...... :)
What he meant is this: The back and forth thingy (he called it a slide) was somehow striking the open deal thing, (probably due to a faulty framistan pin) and this was impeding the inertial and reactive flow of the ejecter back and forth thing, thereby causing a malfunction of the entire systems workflow..... This could be do to several things that he didn't even bring up !

:D

your buddy.

Seems like we're all a little thin-skinned about something we like especially guns. Continue to like what you like and don't expect everyone else to share your preferences. I won't bash the HiPoints (today,LOL)because I haven't shot one or handled one much or known many that do own them. I also do not have any plans to buy one because I simply don't like the thickness and overall size.
If you ever learn how to keep folks from speaking about things they knowing nothing of or that isn't offensive to yourself or others, bottle it. You'll be rich.

Ok all you thin-skinned shooters;

..223 ROCKS for whitetail!! after all, my best friend's uncle Boweevil used to stalk deer and shoot'em with a .22 in the head.

9mm is weak!! .45ACP is the KING
If you can't defend yourself with 7 in the mag, you shouldn't carry anyways!

GlOCKS BLOW UP!! I seen it on the internetz!

Hrmm.. anyone left to offend?

..223 ROCKS for whitetail!! after all, my best friend's uncle Boweevil used to stalk deer and shoot'em with a .22 in the head.

You left out thr Ruger, Marlin, Winchester, and all shotgun shooters

HAHA

I am thoroughly offended. Congratulations on a job well done! :eek:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.