Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the sort of incident that never makes it into the official crime statistics -- that is, an incident in which a crime may have been prevented by a firearm. It happened earlier this month in Irvine.

More...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
This is the sort of statistic that ought to be plastered on page one of The New York Times. They do, after all, claim to be America's Newspaper of Record.

But that would not fit in with their left-wing, nanny-state politics, would it?

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
My brother lived in Irvine for a few years. Don't know about now, but supposedly the lowest crime rates/statistics in the country? A pleasant place to live; Add to it the California weather, and it's win win.

But yea, I agree, strange to find/read or hear in ANY media format, but even more strange coming from a California source. Good find GG Reporter.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Glad that made it to publication. Too often those stats are ignored. I hope Gov. Doyle reads that! And resigns!

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
I find it well I guess disturbing. It is like the recent shooting in IL at the University there. In the local paper they had a full page spread of the 5 students who died. And dont get me wrong I was very sorry to hear about it. But at the same time a person drove a car at high speed into a crowd of people at a race in MD. He killed 8 people. On the same page as the full page reporting of the shooting of 5 in IL was ONE PARAGRAPH of the killing of 8 in MD by an automobile. It really made me stop and think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts