Gun and Game Forum banner

H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Test Quiz Questions

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bill74 
#1 ·
H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Test Quiz Questions

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Guns. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few 6 quiz questions?

Thanks for your help.

Note #7. What catches the hammer to hold it rearward when the action cycles in semi auto mode?
a) The trigger bar
b) The trigger nose (front upper portion of the trigger)
c) A shelf that is machined into the inner right side of the receiver
d) The sear

Note #8. The safety selector blocks the tail of the trigger when in the safe position. True or False.
a) True
b) False

Note #9. How many notches does the hammer in the full auto trigger pack have in it?
a) One notch
b) Two notches
c) Three notches

Note #10. When the selector is in full auto mode, it allows the tail of the trigger to move ...
a) Lower so that the hammer can't engage and be caught by the trigger tail.
b) Higher, which in turn raises the trigger bar high enough to catch the hammer when the trigger is released.
c) Higher, thus moving the sear low enough so that it does not catch the hammer.
d) Rearward, thus preventing it from engaging the hammer notch.

Note #11. The MP5 is hammer fired, so when the gun is in full auto mode and the trigger is pulled rearward, the sear is not engaging the notch in the hammer. What holds the hammer rearward (preventing hammer follow down)?
a) Nothing holds the hammer rearward and it must follow down in full auto mode. After the first shot, the gun fires from an open bolt. The hammer is what holds the firing pin forward, allowing enough positive protrusion to fire the gun.
b) The catch
c) The trigger tail
d) The trigger bar

Note #12. In a "Burst Pack", what prevents the counting wheel from rotating counterclockwise (back to its start point) during a three round burst?
a) The stop latch
b) The shifter rod
c) Eccentric bushing
d) Trigger nose

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.